About The Position
Execute purchasing plans by creating purchase orders & submitting to vendors. Ensure materials are readily available to execute production plans on time. Handle vendor relationships for materials & packaging suppliers, & others as needed.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Identify and engage prospective suppliers capable of meeting purchasing needs, lower costs, improve quality, reduce lead times, and achieve other company objectives.
· Work with prospective suppliers to obtain competitive quotes or bids, samples of goods where applicable, and any other information helpful in reaching a vendor selection.
· Assist in negotiating favorable business terms, pricing, and value-add from vendors.
· Work with internal stakeholders to identify key criteria, designs, and specifications required to properly fulfill sourcing and purchasing needs.
· Collect data from the Quality Control team regarding defective or damaged materials. Provide actionable feedback to vendors that leads to corrective action and credits.
· Work with Planning team to ensure materials are in stock and available in time for scheduled production plan needs. Prevent inventory out-of-stocks that trigger production delays.
· Work with the Warehousing & Logistics team to signal when purchase orders are scheduled to be received, along with any shipping details.
· Collect and communicate status updates from vendors on pending purchase orders.
· Work with vendors and others to collect product specifications for materials and finished goods.
· Track and maintain vendor price lists, lead times by vendor and item, expected and actual delivery dates by order, regulatory documentation, and other relevant purchasing information.
· Work with Finance to ensure proper coding, invoicing, and closing out of purchase orders.
· Identify what non-inventoried items need to be replenished and when.
· Work with Finance to set and comply with vendor management and procurement policies.
· Participate or support periodic vendor reviews, assessments, or RFPs as needed.
· Become an expert on all purchasing related activities and best practices, including how-to perform all related scenarios within the company ERP system.
· Ensure catalog and repository for all active vendor contracts and agreements is up to date.
· Collaborate with other team members on cross-functional initiatives.
Measures of Success
· Develop professional and technical skills.
· Accomplish tasks that enable the company to hit its objectives.
· Deliver value and contribute significantly to departmental success.
· Complete deliverables efficiently, correctly; consistently meet or exceed expectations.
· Maintain a high standard of conduct; represent the company and brands well.
· Knowledge & Skill Requirements –
o Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
o Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment.
o Solid proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required. Solid working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products preferred, including PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
o Good problem solving, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
o Good technical skills; comfortable working with databases and using technologies.
o Strong attention to detail and capable of delivering high quality work product.
o Ability to follow through on commitments and deliver in a timely fashion.
o Eagerness to learn, and willingness to continuously develop new skills.
· Work Experience Requirements –
o 2+ years of previous related experience; beverage alcohol industry or consumer packaged goods experience preferred.
o Worked in supply chain management, procurement, or related field.
o Worked with Enterprise Resource Planning, Materials Requirements Planning, and other purchasing related systems and applications.
o Experience sourcing, managing, and negotiating with vendors.
o Worked in a commercially oriented organization with results driven expectations.
· Educational Requirements –
o Minimum of an associate degree in business, supply chain management, accounting, or related fields of discipline.
o Bachelor’s level degree in related field is strongly preferred.