About The Position
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and/or implement market strategy, programming, sales coordination, merchandising plan, and distribution.
· Direct, coordinate, and manage the execution of marketing efforts in designated markets to meet organizational goals and objectives.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (consumers, accounts, distributors); utilize relationships to build/grow the brand.
· Lead detailed analysis across Spirits portfolio identifying relevant consumer and customer trends and insights; seeks out innovative ways to continuously build brands; ensures key stakeholders remain aware of the same.
· Deliver actionable insights to the sales and marketing teams regarding activity; regularly visits markets to gather intel on brand performance and positioning.
· Develop and presents semiannual business reviews to the business unit and key cross-functional partners.
· Manage key communication to the organization (distributor management and commercial spirits managers) regarding programming, performance, and brand strategy updates.
· Manage timelines for Sales and Brand Plans in coordination with the annual planning calendar ensuring Market Plans meet brand and organizational objectives.
· Provide oversight and leadership to the assigned team; assigns tasks, evaluates performance, ensures department meets departmental goals and objectives.
· Develop and manage an assigned budget.
· Be the master of your own schedule, prioritizing time spent visiting accounts to meet and exceed monthly sales goals
· Responsible for training and management of local Market Managers.
· Ensure all administrative duties are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to work independently.
· Strong presentation skills, including networking and public speaking.
· Proven ability to lead a team, set goals and objectives, and evaluate performance.
· Ability to travel 30%-40% of the time.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years of sales experience within the Spirits or Wine industry, preferably with premium and super-premium spirits, retail (key) performance management, territory management (budget, pricing, and tools), and distributor performance management.
· 2+ years supervisory/management experience, a plus
· Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery
· Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
· Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills.
· Charismatic and engaging leader with strong negotiation and communication skills
· Business minded and able to execute administrative obligations in a timely manner
· Quality computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
· Extensive travel within territory is required
· Requires some work on nights/weekends