About The Position
The Market Manager will serve as the direct representative of the spirit brands within the company’s client portfolio while working with the brands’ commercial leadership team and distributor(s) to increase distribution, drive sales volume
· Deliver key sales and commercial targets to achieve fiscal year sales goals through channel-focused tactics and set action plans.
· Lead the account segmentation process focusing the brands against the right consumer in the right accounts, while maintaining key account relationships.
· Drive distribution and sales in the top on- and off-premise beacon accounts in local territory market(s) leveraging strong selling skills and prioritizing and long-term relationship building over short-term placements and incentives.
· Influence velocity and visibility within the existing distribution footprint of priority accounts as the day-to-day face of the brands in the territory employing a variety of brand assets, programming, promotional budgets, menus, trainings, etc. while reporting these activities monthly and in a timely manner.
· Lead training of distributor sales force, retailers and wait staff to facilitate their understanding and buy-in of brand intrinsic, history, role, plans and tools.
· Create, schedule and manage brands’ seasonal programs, consumer and shopper programs, local events and activations and local partnerships in territory where relevant.
· Monitor distributor KPI’s, price points (including competitive set), orders, shipments, samples, training and POS management.
· Conduct quarterly market analysis surveys/KPI audits in designated territory.
· Provide monthly reports and status/accomplishments recap to Supervisor.
· Manage budgets and goals to ensure programs are executed within budgeted guidelines.
· Derive and drive PR value for brands by forming personal relationships with brand influencers, event managers and other premium brands to incorporate the brands into influencer events.
· Collate and share best practices and learning across the wider Commercial Management Team and Company Leadership Team, as well as within the distributor network.
· Complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
Strategic Partner Relationship Responsibilities
· Serve as the local point of contact for distributor personnel and maintain regular contact and communication between all relevant parties.
· Visit distributor and key accounts on a regular monthly cadence.
· Work with distributor in the market on a weekly basis to ensure strong partnerships aimed at achieving common goals.
· Attend all brand and distributor meetings as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 2 years of sales experience, preferably with premium and super premium spirits and retail (key) performance management
- Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships
- Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills
· Charismatic and engaging with negotiation and communication skills
· Business minded and able to execute administrative obligations in a timely manner
· Quality computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
· Requires some work on nights/weekends