About The Position
Here is your opportunity to join a thriving organization that is revolutionizing the craft industry! Southern Tier Distilling Company (“STDC”) was launched in 2017 in Lakewood, New York, and is majority owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures.
Distillery Production Manager
The Distillery Production Manager is responsible for managing all production related activities in the distillery. They are an important leader in the local facility and responsible for driving world class culture at the distillery. This position is also accountable for R&D for the distillery and works closely with all functional units across the brewery and ABV shared services.
Reports to: STDC VP Operations
- Ensure that all production activities at the distillery are performed safely and in accordance with best practices and SOPs
- Hire, train, and manage all operations employees at the distillery
- Work with ABV shared services and the brewery in Lakewood to manage demand planning, scheduling, procurement, production, inventory, ERP, compliance, and HR tasks
- Be the primary operator for mashing, fermentation, distilling, proofing, packaging, and quality control and assurance activities
- Conduct R&D activities in consultation with Marketing
- At least three years of experience as a distiller and an advanced understanding of mashing, fermentation, distillation, proofing, and packaging processes
- Strong leadership skills, action oriented with strong problem solving ability – persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
- Strong communication skills and collaborative – works cooperatively with others across the organization, gains trust and support of others
- Frequently stand for the duration of the shift, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop, climb and crouch. This position requires the ability to lift up to 55 pounds routinely and repeatedly and occasionally maneuver up to 170 pounds.
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste). This requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer