Open the door to a groundbreaking tech career with an industry leader. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. To create a new era in alcohol beverage sales and service, we're heavily invested in the most transformative new technologies - and the most brilliant tech professionals. Southern Glazer's was named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and is included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
We offer continuous learning and career growth in a fast-paced environment where you are respected, your voice is heard, and technology is part of our strategy for success. If you're looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Sr IT Analyst role focuses on gathering and interpreting data, gathering and documenting business requirements, defining and documenting processes (process flows/swim lanes), and the standardization of data and processes. IT Analysts help to resolve transaction, data, and process discrepancies as well as determine opportunities to automate, streamline, and standardize data or processes. IT Analysts create business requirements documents and knows enough about a platform/technology to create functional specs for use in building a technical solution and support others to complete configuration and coding.
- Gather, interpret, and analyze data
- Define, track and monitor KPIs
- Gather and document requirements as governed by the SGWS Project Management Office (PMO)
- Create functional specs based on requirements gathering
- Work with developers in transferring functional specs to technical specs
- Help develop Quality Assurance (QA) scripts in support of business functionality testing
- Track and report on output of QA business functionality scripts
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to identify, analyze, understand, and prioritize activities by business value and urgency
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3+) years relevant work experience
- Proficiency using high mathematical concepts such as fractions, algebra, statistics, mathematical modeling and, to some extent, calculus
- Understanding of IT processes and ability to translate and communicate technical concepts into business language
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision-making and quantitative analysis skills to provide insights into performance and efficiency opportunities
- Strong planning and organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail skills
- Excellent customer service skills in all interactions with internal and external customers, including but not limited to personnel from other divisions, vendors, suppliers, and other departments
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.