Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer's, you'll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you're looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for providing general supervision to employees in order fulfillment, distribution center. This role will also be responsible for receiving, storing, delivering items and securing the warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor will use various operations reports to accurately record and measure metrics to ensure efficient production levels.
- Ensure the receiving, storage and restocking of product purchases from suppliers and other sources
- Direct the filling, loading and checking of product orders for retail customers through the management of Warehouse Workers
- Train new Warehouse Lead Workers or Warehouse Workers and ensures understanding of organization and operation policies and service guidelines
- Ensure proper inventory, receiving, storage and billing and filling of orders to retail customers
- Participate in the maintenance of accurate inventory through weekly inventory cycle counts and full physical inventories as directed
- Supervise warehouse workers to ensure timely report of products billed to retailers but not shipped to issue timely preparation of credit memos
- Coach, direct and counsel warehouse workers on overall performance
- Define productivity expectations and monitors progress regularly
- Conduct meetings with warehouse lead workers
- Report on building security, vehicle security, warehouse loading productivity driver efficiency and check-in procedures/control
- Direct the replenishment of items/quantities sold daily
- Identify and recommends opportunities for employee development and performance improvement requirements
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of warehouse/delivery personnel
- Assist with evening scheduling for night warehouse operations
- Attend monthly safety meetings
- Participate in the online training courses each quarter
- Achieve all operational performance metrics as required
- Maintain safe working environment according to company and OSHA regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- High school Diploma
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Valid state motor vehicle operator s license
- Ability to obtain and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with State laws
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
This position is deemed a safety-sensitive position. As such, any person who is given a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.