What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer's offers a competitive compensation package with an hourly pay rate of $19.50 / hour plus incentives. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate's education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer's, you'll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you're looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY. Overview
The Distribution Driver Class B is responsible for delivering products to clients; inspect general condition of vehicle; prepare, load, unload, operate, and clean vehicle including following all safety precautions in accordance with SGWS and Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines. Review standing orders, develop sales, process payments, and maintain records.Primary Responsibilities
Additional Primary ResponsibilitiesMinimum Qualifications
- Deliver statewide products to bars, restaurants, hotels, or other customer locations
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicle
- Receive payment for goods delivered
- Sort merchandise by invoice for delivery
- Adhere to safe and courteous operation of delivery vehicle at all times
- Check in money and returned goods daily with Driver Check-in & Accounting Cashier
- Complete all required paperwork daily, including Department of Transportation logbook and driver vehicle inspection report (DVIR)
- Report to work in adherence to company uniform standards (e.g., neat, clean, and properly attired)
- Adhere to all Safety regulations, and perform all duties in a safe manner
- Plan trip logistics and obtain necessary documents to transport goods
- Load and unloaded cargo make sure safety equipment is being utilized
- Ensure cargo is secured properly compliant with safety requirements
- Report any incidents to dispatcher
- Follow/adhere to all traffic laws
- Maintain vehicle, product, and equipment tidy and in good working order
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 1 year of experience
- Must be 21 years of age
- Class B Commercial Driver's License required
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- Additional hours may be required during October, November, and December and other peak periods
- Capable of working flexible hours which could include overnight, early morning, and/or late evening
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 56lbs
This position is deemed a safety-sensitive position. As such, any person who is given a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a
drug test. EEO Statement
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.