What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer's, you'll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you're looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.Overview
The Customer Advocate support customers in resolving issues related to self-service experience. Ultimately, the goal is to provide the highest customer satisfaction by providing better visibility and faster resolution of customer-related issues.Primary Responsibilities
Additional Primary ResponsibilitiesMinimum Qualifications
- Navigate customers through the process of submitting an order through the self-service portal
- Answer inquiries regarding customers' accounts
- Keypunch supplier and sample withdrawals
- Electronic imaging
- Research shortage and miss-shipped claims
- Process/enter orders and pick-ups
- Handle calls from customer service queue
- Process winery direct orders
- Scan and index customer credit files into the imaging system
- Add partners, drop partners, self-incorporated accounts and inactive systems.
- Identify outdated, obsolete and duplicate documents from customer files
- Handle all salespersons changes at the beginning of each month
- Research returned mail with an incorrect address and make the necessary corrections
- Handle delivery claims and logs (shortage claims, miss ships, etc.)
- Pull faxes and invoices off the printer and distribute them to appropriate desks. Communicate with the sales force, customers and A/R
- Perform the job in accordance with company and departmental policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalency plus 1 year of experience
- Knowledge with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), federal regulatory guidelines, and organizational objectives
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets in creating pivot tables, develop charts, and complex formulas
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or calculator
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing an occasional to the rare amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.