Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer's offers a competitive compensation package with an hourly pay rate of $20.50 / hour. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate's education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer's, you'll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you're looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Inventory Control Clerk will be responsible for performing and keying cycle counts, working with leadership to analyze operations cycle counts, and maintaining inventory integrity. This position may also be responsible for one or more of the following job duties: receiving, stocking, and loading.
- Participate in inventory counts as directed
- Resolve discrepancies including quantity errors, high/low issues, mis-ships
- Understand and adhere to the safety rules and requirements in the workplace
- Ensure warehouse equipment service needs, safety needs, workplace accidents, and other safety issues are reported promptly
- Attend safety meetings, and take safety classes, as needed
- Responsible for filling out equipment report before usage
- Responsible for meeting operational inventory efficiency goals and benchmarks
- Operate warehouse equipment, as needed
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- High school diploma or equivalency plus 1 year of experience
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
This position is deemed a safety-sensitive position. As such, any person who is given a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.