What You Need To Know2022 Fall Internship | Accounting & Finance
Who we are looking for
: December 2022 - May 2024 graduates (Juniors & Seniors preferred)Dates of Summer Internship
: September 5th - December 16th, 2022 (possibility of an extended assignment)Internship Location
: Union City, CAFormat
: In Office (part-time)
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer's offers a competitive compensation package with an hourly pay range of $20 / hour. This salary range is an average range for this position. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate's education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
At Southern Glazer's, you'll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you're looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY. Overview
The Southern Glazer's Internship Program was established to develop the next generation of Sales, Accounting and Finance, Trade Development, Operations, and corporate leaders. Each year, the program offers interns the opportunity to engage in career building activities while simultaneously learning and applying industry-leading practices.
This hands-on experience gives interns the chance to explore and understand the adult beverage industry and distribution business. The knowledge gained from industry leaders will allow you to build a network of professionals within the beverage alcohol industry and here at Southern Glazer's. Primary Responsibilities
This internship will work closely with our Finance & Accounting teams to assist in the following:
Assist in all functions of processing and analysis in the accounting and finance area.
- General Ledger and Financial Analysis areas:
- Process monthly and annual financial closing and prepare Profit & Loss Statements, balance sheets and other reports.
- and analyzes account data to create capital, liability, and asset account entries.
- Analyzes accounting alternatives to suggest financial actions.
- Audits records to substantiate financial transactions.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and other analysis. Gathers, interprets, and compiles account trends and data to create specialized financial reports.
- Prepare and file various tax returns and business licenses renewals.
- Payroll area:
- Reconcile payroll accounts
- Process payroll for union and non-union employees
- Prepare payroll and headcount reports.
- Assist employees with payroll inquiries
- Accounts Payable area:
- Process invoice coding and payments in SAP or Ariba systems
- Process expense reports in Concur systems
- Research and resolve vendor payment inquiries
- Local candidates are preferred
- Able to work at least 15 hours per week and commute to the office in Union City, CA
- Students expecting to graduate in December 2022 through May 2024 (Juniors & Seniors)
- Students completing a BS/BA in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Teamwork approach to accomplishing goals
- Organized and have attention to details
- Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
#wayup EEO Statement
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.