About The Position
This is a hands-on, onsite position working closely with the President/CEO and the Leadership Team to facilitate proactive and efficient communication and execution of the business plan objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Establishes accounting policies and procedures that ensure financial statement are in compliance with GAAP accounting principles. Manages and directs monthly, quarterly, and annual closing, providing analysis and observations on the results; prepares financial statements by the 10th working day of the month.
· Collaborates with FP&A on departmental P&Ls, variance analysis and board packets. Facilitates decision-making across the organization, implementing additional financial planning and analysis and driving continual improvement as the company grows.
· Manages team workflow. Reviews day-to-day general ledger accounting transactions including A/P, A/R, inventory. Reconciles all balance sheet accounts and enters monthly journal entries. Ensures all internal accounting processes are completed timely, accurately and efficiently and appropriate internal controls are in place and adhered to.
· Monitors inventory (raw materials, packaging and Finished Goods (FG)) levels for obsolescence. Handles new part numbers/BOM setup in system.
· Leads cross functional pricing/margin management to ensure SKU profitability is maximized. Reviews costing and BOM standards, researching cost variances monthly and drives pricing adjustments for all SKUs/Customers.
· Analyzes and communicates monthly production actual vs standard variances on price, cost, mix, yields, etc.
· Leads the annual budget and forecast preparation, reviewing proposals and preparing supporting documentation and justification.
· Works directly with auditing firms, preparing schedules and providing records. Posts approved adjusting entries and closing books at year-end as directed. Supports annual tax and reporting documents, including 1099, property taxes, escheatment, etc.
· Maintains strong relationship with banks/lenders. Prepares weekly borrowing base.
· Coordinates/communicates weekly check run amounts and vendors with leadership team. Reviews/approves weekly AP disbursements.
· Works with insurance brokers to maintain appropriate levels of business insurance.
· Updates fixed assets.
· Assists with other special projects as assigned.
· Serves as system administrator for ERP (BC Nav) and co-manages other IT services.
· Proactively approaches operational efficiencies with all system tools (ERP, reporting, expense management, interfaces between platforms).
· Recognizes and highlights operational opportunities and initiates projects that provide solutions.
· Manages document retention practices for department as determined by law and company policy.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· A bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent field required; a minimum of 10 years related experience in accounting in a CPG/manufacturing industry. Strong background in GAAP and strength in FP&A. CPA highly desirable.
· Strong technical experience with advanced software skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and information systems (Navision / Business Central preferred).
· Excellent verbal presentation, organization, and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a proactive self-starter with the capability of managing details, balancing multiple demands, prioritize tasks and retain clear focus.
· A sense of urgency in addressing issues. Ability to organize and meet deadlines for a wide variety of job assignments.
· The ability to effectively lead a team, maintaining a positive, supportive, empowering, proactive and can-do attitude towards work and co-workers in fulfilling the mission of the company.