Production and Manufacturing and SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Soapbox is a socially responsible personal care company with a mission to empower customers to make the world a better place through everyday, quality purchases. Every time someone buys one of our products, Soapbox donates either a bar of soap, a month of clean water, or vitamin supplements to children in need both in homeless shelters/food pantries here in the United States and to various countries abroad. Our products are sold in various retailers across the country, like Walmart, Wegmans, Giant, Amazon, H-E-B, Sally Beauty, and many more.
Our team is excited to work with people from all ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity of life and experience. Passionate, excited people are encouraged to apply!
The ideal candidate is proactive, independent, has essential data entry skills and strong attention to detail. Responsibilities will include general accounting data and accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions, entering operational data into forecast systems, processing business transactions and necessary reconciliations. You will also assist with financial transactions, and as necessary, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintaining relevant databases, ensuring that records are complete and current
- Recording information, processing, and filing forms.
- Preparing checks, deposits, budgets, and financial reports.
- Updating ledgers, researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles.
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests.
- Performing basic office tasks for the accounting area, including responding to emails
- Ensuring the accounting area run smoothly and efficiently
- Entering operational data into forecast systems
- Assist with financial transactions
- Ensure reconciliations of different company transactions and accounts
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Familiar with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks is a plus
- All applicants must provide a Resume and Cover Letter.