You remember the first time someone called you a materials sourcing sorcerer, and you've worn it like the badge of honor it is ever since. In fact, you're so good at sourcing, people can't help but write off your skills to magic. "Truth be told," you might say, "it's not so much magic as it is strategy!" Either way, your sourcing is a force to be reckoned with-even he-who-must-not-be-named would agree.
Jokes (and non-jokes) aside, our Operations Team is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to help lead Siete's procurement and sourcing efforts. If you're passionate about finding the cream of the crop, collaborating with manufacturing partners to put ingredients where our mouth is (rather literally, might we add), and working with RFPs as well as Real Friendly Peoples (that's us, your Siete family!) we'd love to hear from you! About you:
What you will do:
- Predating even your elementary school days, when you successfully sourced all the Red Crayons from around your classroom in exchange for Blue, you've been a proven negotiator since birth.
- You? Curious? Is that even a question? (Of course you are!)
- You have strong project and time management skills that you aren't afraid to flex on the daily.
- You take pride in your leadership skills. Also in your humility, but that's neither here nor there.
- "Managing" and "developing teams" are the types of hype-words that get you out of bed in the morning with a cheery smile on your face.
- You demonstrate effective communication skills to manage multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. Bonus points for knowing all three different spelling variations of the word "capisce."
- You know market dynamics like the back of your hand-or better, even!
- Strategic thinking is just one of your strategic strengths that help you achieve goals strategically.
- You're passionate about food trends, and doing a deep dive into crop seasonality is exciting to you. In your spare time, you may even make up poems and acronyms about it.
- Develop and lead Siete's sourcing strategies in alignment with business objectives to help achieve revenue growth goals.
- Identify, research, and track industry trends as well as internal purchasing data to inform the approach to RFPs and cost saving initiatives.
- Lead and develop Sourcing and Procurement team, increasing their capabilities and knowledge.
- Work with manufacturing partners to understand material needs to deliver on time production goals.
- Collaborate with R&D and Quality teams on developing and adhering to a robust Supplier Verification Program.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, as well as benchmarking.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies.
- Identify gaps within Sourcing and Procurement and implement process improvements.
- Develop and implement business system processes.
- Analyze risks to supply and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Draft, negotiate, and execute supplier agreements and RFP process to further develop a strategic supplier base.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement and sourcing within food CPG is a must.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite is a must.
- Proficient in Excel
Please fill out our culture questionnaire . There are no wrong answers here -we want to learn more about you!
Siete Family Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. Siete Family Foods hires qualified candidates and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.