A Lucius Fox (as played by Morgan Freeman in Batman, because let's be honest, who doesn't love Mr. Freeman) in your own right, you're pretty much the brains behind the bat. Or, in this case, the brains behind the dollar spend... Semantics, really. But then there's this whole other side to you that's super good at breaking down complex strategies and plans so everyone can understand. Not unlike Dora's handy friend Map, are we right? We're looking for someone who's interested in being a key member on our sales team, and will be responsible for defining trade strategies and commercializing sales programs to influence pricing and promotional execution across Channels. Sure, it sounds a little lofty when we put it like that, but we're willing to bet our ideal candidate is keeping up. And speaking of keeping it up, our ideal candidate is always looking for ways to improve overall Trade reliability through process improvement and systems management to-you know-keep us up! About you:
What you will do:
- If there was a CPG Retailer version of "Guess Who?" you'd be the crowning champ for your excellent understanding of channel mix and retailer strategies, and keen attention to what makes them different from one another.
- You are highly analytical, and comfortable working with a wide range of data sources, making fact-based decisions, recommendations, and forecasts. "All in a day's work," you often say!
- You joke that "some of the best things in life are green," but are seriously excited to talk in dollars, both how we spend and how we save.
- You can problem solve and troubleshoot with the best of them. Come to think of it, your skills make you sort of like the Sales Trade Manager version of Beth Harmon's in The Queen's Gambit. Can we get a "Checkmate!"
- You're detail oriented. As in: Rosie went to catch up with Phil on Mulberry Lane. Rosie took the train and Phil took a bike but they both arrived on time, despite the fact that Phil took 7 stops along the way. What delicious breakfast food did they order with their coffee?
- You're a strong team player that thrives on collaboration with cross functional teams. You may even have a playlist of all the greatest songs with the title of "Stronger" and listen to it first thing in the morning.
- Like a Rosetta Stone pro, you're able to translate data into meaningful insights that inform retailer initiatives.
- Lead trade strategy development to improve trade return on investment at a channel and retailer level.
- Understand our retailers everyday and promotional activities to inform our planning strategies and maximize our category presence and consumer take-away.
- Lead in-market performance to help inform the annual trade budget in coordination with Finance.
- Establish pricing principles and optimal promotional windows by analyzing channel, retailer, and competitive activity. Monitor execution and highlight inconsistencies.
- Coordinate communication of pricing opportunities and key changes.
- Serve as a critical sales point of contact on trade systems.
- Improve trade forecasting reliability via process improvements.
- Support the analysis and pricing structure of new product launches.
- 4+ years of direct sales and/or relevant experience with cross functional exposure to other business operations
- Previous experience in a role that included trade management experience required
- Prior experience in CPG food/beverage is a must
- Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (SPINS, Nielsen/IRI, etc.)
Please fill out our culture questionnaire . There are no wrong answers here -we want to learn more about you!
Siete Family Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. Siete Family Foods hires qualified candidates and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.