About The Position
his role will oversee all supporting electrical and mechanical maintenance of diverse equipment and processes in our state-of-the-art packaging brewery.
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
This role will oversee all supporting electrical and mechanical maintenance of diverse equipment and processes in our state-of-the-art packaging brewery. The Maintenance Department Manager is responsible for the reliability and uptime of equipment throughout the brewery so that we can produce our world class beers to the highest quality standards. The Maintenance Department Manager achieves this goal by building and maintaining an engaged team guided by our Company Values of Quality, Integrity, People, Sustainability, and Community.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for leadership and management of the Maintenance Department
- Responsible for preparation and management of departmental budgets
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, quality, and safety standards related to the department
- Manage the development of maintenance team through training and coaching
- Work with Management Team to contribute to long-term strategic planning
- Serve as point person for contract services associated with brewery utilities (e.g. glycol chillers, air compressors)
- Continuously support the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of all equipment
- Ensure proper execution and completion of maintenance activities
- Develop, refine and document maintenance procedures
- Foster and promote continuous improvement and root cause analysis processes
Please Apply if You Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering required or any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved
- 5 years Relevant technical experience, preferably in the brewing or beverage industry required
- 3 years Previous experience supervising, leading and developing staff required
- Strong background in electrical systems such as controls, automation, VFDs, PLCs required
- Strong background in mechanical systems such as welding, part fabrication, fluid transfer, pneumatics and plumbing preferred
- Practical experience with high-speed bottling/packaging operations in food/beverage industries preferred
- Experience with lock out/tag out procedures required
- Familiarity with refrigeration and HVAC systems, boilers and steam principles
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations (e.g. NFPA 70E) and proper safety procedures
- Knowledge in brewery processes and terminology
- Competent with root cause analysis (RCA) and elimination for equipment failures
- Ability to work with outside contractors and obtain quotes
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently within a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of food safety and food handling fundamentals
- Proficient in computer software such as the MS Office suite, and CMMS
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.