T. J. Sheehan Distributing, the Anheuser-Busch wholesaler for Onondaga County along with a diverse portfolio of craft beers and imports for Central and Western New York State, is currently seeking to fill a full-time Night Warehouse Forklift Operator/Order Selector position in our operations department.
This position is a hands-on role that requires physically picking the cases of beer for pallet loading in an accurate and efficient manner to complete delivery orders. We provide our Warehouse Operators with state-of-the-art technology to ensure they are fully prepared and set up for success in their roles.
Our Warehouse Operators are trained from within to be successful and learn key aspects of beer wholesaler operations from the ground up. We are looking for an energetic individual with a strong sense of responsibility to join our team. We also offer a generous employee benefit package.OBJECTIVE:
To ensure that trucks are accurately and efficiently loaded and unloaded, operating with the highest degree of safety and efficiency.Schedule
: Sunday - Thursday, 2 PM - work is doneESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Unload delivery trucks
- Stock shelves & rollers as required
- Building orders for retail account delivery
- Verify that trucks have been loaded properly
- Sweep, stack empty pallets, and pick up stretch wrap, and dump trash barrels throughout warehouse
- Level off pallets on load line & make sure products are left in proper location.
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior warehouse experience a plus, but not necessary as we train in-house
- Ability and willingness to become certified on forklift operations
- Must be able to learn voice pick system & work independently
- Ability to read, write, and fundamental math skills
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Safety consciousness
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job (accommodations due to disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law).
All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment drug screen, a physical exam, and must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
CRITICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Electric and hydraulic pallet jack.
- Walking and climbing steps and stairs.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying cases (up to 48 lbs) from floor to overhead on a frequent basis.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels (87 lbs) from floor to 48" on an occasional basis.
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels (185 lbs) from floor to 36" on an occasional basis.
- Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces
- Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces.
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving cases and barrels on a frequent basis.
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance - $0 in-network deductible, low premium contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program with Work-Life Services
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401k Savings Plan with company match (after service requirement)
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Computer and cell phone plan discounts
- Supplemental Plans available: Disability, Life Insurance, Legal & Identity Protection
- Bonus Pay