Get your start in the beer business!
We are looking for Merchandisers to join our industry-leading sales team! In this role, you will learn all aspects of the beer business. Tri-Valley Beverage is one of the top wholesalers in their market, and part of the Sheehan Family Companies, one of the largest beverage wholesale groups in the country.
Our Merchandisers play a very important role at Tri-Valley Beverage. After the beer is sold and delivered to our customer accounts, our Merchandisers stock, rotate, and properly display our products in the accounts- ensuring the end consumer can easily shop and enjoy our products.
Working as a Merchandiser at Tri-Valley Beverage you can expect to work hard in an independent setting and be held accountable for achieving your goals. Successful team members in this role will develop the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to become a Sales Representative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that all product is rotated and code policy followed
- Ensure that all products are properly displayed according to Company standards
- Install and maintain permanent and paper Point of Sale (POS) material
- Ensure accurate shelf tag pricing and integrity
- Organize and execute floor displays at all accounts
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships
- Ability to use a two wheel hand truck and pallet jack
- Critical physical demands include the following:
- Handling cases of beer, ranging from 10 to 50 lbs. and possibly kegs, ranging from 87 to 165 lbs.
- Walking and climbing stairs
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck, cart and/or pallet jack on level and inclined surfaces on a frequent basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone, adding machine
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Valid and clean driver's license with active auto insurance
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance - $0 in-network deductible, low premium contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program with Work-Life Services
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401k Savings Plan with company match
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Computer and cell phone plan discounts
- Supplemental Plans available: Disability, Life Insurance, Legal & Identity Protection.
This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company. The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.