Accounting Manager SUPERVISOR:
General Manager OBJECTIVE:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the completion of timely and accurate financial statements. The individual will be directly responsible for all aspects of the accounting close cycle, budgeting, and the supervision of the accounting, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions. RESPONSIBILITIES: Monthly Financial Statement Preparation and Year End Close
- Initiate daily/weekly journal entries and closing processes for sales, inventory, payroll, AP and AR.
- Report daily cash flow and reconcile all company bank accounts
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries, financial statements, subsidiary ledgers, variance analysis, and reconciliations for all balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepare monthly tax returns as well as other mandatory federal or state reporting
- Ensure financial compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Provide support for year-end financial statement audit as well as other interim reporting.
- Perform projects, ad hoc analysis, and such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required.
- Research and advise on various accounting topics and transactions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for effective staff management as well as hiring, orientation and training for all invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and set and monitor annual goals & and development planning.
- Provide technical expertise and problem-resolution to team and recommend improvements.
- Lead the implementation of new processes and technologies in accordance with corporate policy.
- BS in Accounting required
- 5 years progressive accounting experience
- 3-5 years management experience
- Intermediate Excel experience is required.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities as well as written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interface with people at all levels
- Must possess the ability to work with a sense of urgency and be flexible in tasks and time while managing department workload especially during close week
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job (accommodations due to disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law).
This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment drug screen, a physical exam, and must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.