About The Position
Our Sales Coordinator will work with management to ensure that all the administrative and support functions of the sales department are running proficiently while shadowing the sales reps in action.
We are seeking a Sales Coordinator to add to our team who can organize sales activities, interact with customers, as well as manage an effective client relationship management system. The Sales Coordinator will work with management to ensure that all the administrative and support functions of the sales department are running proficiently while shadowing the sales reps in action.
Essential Job Functions
Support West Coast Sales Reps and Accounts by providing support in the following areas:
· BO management for SFA Sales Reps: Managing/tracking order approvals, ensure accuracy and timeliness (includes checking inventory, reviewing PO details, contract agreements, interacting with customer to revise PO as needed, interacting with China to restock as needed)
· Safety Stock Management: ensuring agreed upon safety stock levels with customer are maintained in US warehouses by working with PM (Product Managers)
· Inform clients of unforeseen delays or problems as needed
· Work with documentation/sample coordinator as needed to fulfill customer requests.
· Work with PMs to gather pricing/resolve issues that arise with any customer inquiry
· Following-up with customer quality complaints by working with QA and tracking rejections on spreadsheets when quality issues arise.
· Preparing promotional materials for events and conferences
· Distribute Promotional Product List as requested by sales team
· Help sales reps prepare for meetings with new customers, research company, decision makers, strengths, strategy for initial meeting, what products to focus on.
· Work with PMs and Marketing Coordinator every month to collect market information that will be used in the Monthly Market Report
· Work with PMs to gather information on a specific product/category that will be featured in the Monthly Market Report.
· Update product-specific market report by working with PMs every 3 months or as needed.
· Pull import data to help identify major importers and competitors with certain ingredients.
· Inquire with local material (distributors) regarding the availability/pricing of raw materials
· Data Entry and run reports in CRM and ERP systems as requested by sales team.
· Attend Supply Side West and local tradeshow to support team by setting up the booth and gathering leads
· Send out Welcome Packets to new customers and request credit approvals from team in China. Assist in fraud screening process for all new customers.
· Annually request/compile FSMA FSVP compliance notices from customers
· Coordinate weekly US sales meeting and take minutes
· Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a related filed is preferred. (i.e. Food Science or Biology) Relevant work experience can be taken in lieu of a formal education.
· 0-2 years of related industry or sales experience in a similar role.
· Excellent customer service mindset and superb communication skills (written, oral and electronic).
· High level of attention to detail with a love for organizing.
· Must be fluent in MS Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
· Prior experience with a client relationship management system (CRM) and Sage X3
Conditions for employment:
Candidates must have reliable transportation to work, and a valid driver’s license. Must submit to and comply with a background check prior to hiring. Must be able to lift and carry 25lbs. Must be able to speak and write English.