About The Position
Our team is small-but-mighty. You'll have the opportunity to do everything--no task too big or small--but your main responsibility will be to make excellent pasta for our retail shop, restaurant and wholesale markets.
Our team is small-but-mighty. You will have the opportunity to do everything--no task too big or small.
- Make fresh and dried pasta for wholesale and retail
- Pack fresh and dried pasta for wholesale and retail
- Log production into our inventory management software
- Active ensuring FIFO for all finished good and raw materials.
- Process, pick and ship wholesale and online orders
- Serve customers in the retail portion of the pasta lab
- Maintain stock and displays in retail portion of the pasta lab
- Clean and maintain the kitchen and retail space, including routine maintenance and ongoing projects
- Implement GMPs and SSOPs, creating new ones with ownership as needed
- Work with ownership to develop inventory pars, and collaborate in production planning to ensure timely fulfillment of orders
- Other duties as assigned
You are a people person with a positive attitude, an over-achiever’s work ethic, and a passion for Italian food. You have a flexible schedule, and are willing to work weekends when necessary. You are a clear and effective communicator. You understand food safety, and will uphold the systems and standards to maintain product quality and a safe, healthy work environment.
Pasta-making knowledge a plus, but not required.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent. BA or trade degree preferred
- 1+ year in hospitality or culinary arts preferred
- Ability to operate pasta production and packing equipment
- Ability to lift 50#, climb ladders, bend, stoop and kneel freely
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule, including some weekends
- ServSave Certificate
- Computer proficiency
About the Company
Semolina Artisanal Pasta is a boutique maker of fresh and dried pasta serving Los Angeles restaurants like Hippo and Yang’s Kitchen, gourmet markets, speciality shops and passionate cooks out of our NW Pasadena pasta lab. Following traditional Italian methods and using only the finest American-grown Semolina, our pastas are sought after because of their superlative taste and texture. Recently nominated for three Good Food Awards, and highlighted in Food & Wine as the “Center of L.A.’s Big, Beautiful Pasta Moment," we are entering a new phase of expansion with opportunities to grow with the company.