Importer and Distributor
1968-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
Seaboard Products is a local Anheuser-Busch and Craft beer distributor in Danvers, MA and a proud member of the Sheehan Family Companies. We have an excellent career opportunity as a Sales Trainee / Merchandiser throughout Essex County.
OBJECTIVE: To provide outstanding customer service to assigned account base in accordance with Company standards. To develop the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to become a Sales Representative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that all product is rotated and code policy is followed
- Ensure that all products are properly displayed according to Company standards
- Install and maintain permanent and paper Point of Sale material
- Execute floor displays, placement of window neon’s & banners at all accounts
- Organize and execute cooler resets according to Company standards
- Maintain a regular schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations
- Route coverage for Sales Representatives vacation and time off
- Execute monthly goals as related to business activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree. Business Management or Marketing preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Valid and clean driver's license with active auto insurance
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Must live in the North Shore territory
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Two wheel hand truck
- Car or van
- Hand-held or personal computer
- Case of 24 cans 15 3/4 " X 10 1/2 " X 5" 10 - 30 lb.
- Case of 24 bottles 16 1/2 " X 10 1/2 " X 10" 25 - 48 lb.
- Quarter Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 14" long 87 lb.
- Half Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 23" long 165 lb.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Use of hand and foot controls for driving
- Walking and climbing stairs
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels and quarter barrels from floor to 48" on an occasional basis
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck and/or cart on level and inclined surfaces on a frequent basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone, adding machine
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
We offer excellent pay and benefits and pay.
All applicants considered for these positions will have a background check, physical and pre-employment drug test.
Seaboard Products is an equal opportunity employer.