About The Position
We are looking to add a Production Packaging Operator to our production team! Our cidery is located in Auburn, WA. The ideal candidate is passionate, mechanically minded, positive, and highly motivated!
Schilling Cider has always strived to create a fun and productive workplace that every employee can be proud of. We foster a culture of creativity and continuous improvement with many avenues of potential growth, no matter where you start. Bring your craft beverage passion and experience to Schilling Cider!
** Schilling Cider is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
Job Overview: 21+ Years of Age Exclusively
Primary Purpose of Role:
- Support the Packaging Lead during canning operations and draft runs
- Maintain integrity and cleanliness of machinery through all forms of maintenance
- Line Change Overs (Seamer, Filler, Inspection equipment, Twists…)
- Production team member able to also accomplish fermentation tasks
Day to Day Duties:
- Ensuring cidery and all equipment are hygienic and well organized
- Effective communication with all other members of the team
- Set up and operate liquid flow paths for operation and CIPs
- Overseeing the pasteurization process and appreciating its importance
- Operating the filler/seamer
- Monitoring fill-height, dissolved oxygen levels, and carbonation specifications.
Canning/ Cidery Operations:
- Performing cidery duties when and where required
- Ensuring that all products meet the set quality specifications
- Follow all requirements of our food safety policy and other statutory regulations
- Bring up any and all issues to management as soon as they are discovered and help address
- Keep accurate records of all measurements, procedures and processes
- Ensure the cidery area is always kept clean and tidy
- Keg washing and Keg Filling
- Be a contributing member of the team to constantly improve quality, safety and procedures
- Disciplined, with an emphasis on detail, safety, and accurate record keeping.
- Ability to lift ingredients and kegs up to 55lbs and be on one’s feet for full shifts.
- An aptitude for working with machinery and ability to wrench when needed.
- Flexibility in schedule as needed to work to completion.
- Ability to follow SOP's and aid in developing them.
- Good mechanical skills and practical application of knowledge. Are you comfortable using tools and working on machinery?
- Some practical experience of winery or brewery procedures. Have you used a tri-clamp fitting before? Do you have experience with a CIP Skid?
- Ability to learn tasks and procedures quickly
Pay and Benefits
- Starting salary $40k annually
- Medical/ dental/ vision, matching retirement plan and cider of course!
- Fun working environment in a growing industry