Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Responsible for order picking and truck loading process, warehouse inventory, robot operation and forklift operation. Also responsible for confirming counts from production to warehouse; quality control of all outgoing product and setting up orders of incoming stock. Responsible for safety and cleanliness of work area; care and maintenance of property assigned to his/her use and works together with staff to support the goals of Company.
- Understand and comply with safety requirements of the warehouse and the shipping position; keep safety top of mind at all times and prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Report all safety concerns and all accidents and near misses immediately. Participate in safety inspections and accident investigations. Keep workplace clean and free of debris at all times
- Understand and work with established standards to deliver maximum and consistent levels of customer service. Provide world class customer service in providing on time shipments to customers within safety, quality and regulatory guidelines. Maintain the highest standards in shipping protocol and rectify customer complaints in effective and timely manner.
- Actively engage in keeping work area up to the established standards including GMP and HACCP requirements. Ensure maximum customer service and satisfaction. Own the standard operating procedure for the warehouse technician position. Continuously improve quality driven actions that lead to award winning results.
- Create a personal development plan with assistance of supervisor to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance. Improve at least one skill each year as agreed with supervisor. Deliver on performance against outcomes.
- Develop the skills needed to attain the desired career path within the organization. Individuals are responsible for identifying their own career goals and communicating same to supervisor.
- Continually seek ways to improve performance as measured by departmental KPI's. Understand and adhere to SOPs and best practices to ensure highest quality standards shipment of product and customer service. Proactively generate ideas to improve day-to-day operation of Warehouse procedures. Optimize available resources to continuously improve work environment. Effectively communicate interdepartmentally to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Recommend ideas to reduce costs.
- Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with warehouse SOPs, company procedures and principles, best practices and applicable rules and regulations.
- Model behavior around the Sazerac Ideal Team Member Profile. Develop and maintain solid professional working relationships inside and outside the company. Set a positive example and act in a manner consistent with company values. Participate in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and make the Company "one of the industry's most desired places to be."
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to operate Industrial equipment as required
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Good vision and manual dexterity
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience (minimum)
- 12 months continuous experience in every previous job, at least
- Requires Previous experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment