Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Utility Operator is responsible for operating equipment used in the production, bottling and shipping of spirits at Granite State Distilling. Including but not limited to pumps, bottling lines, filters and material handling. Responsible for ensuring products are produced according to specifications. Utility Operator is responsible for cross training in all aspects of bottling and warehousing.
- Understand and comply with safety requirements of utility position; keep safety top of mind at all times in bottling and warehouse departments; and prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Report all safety concerns and all accidents and near misses immediately. Participate in safety inspections and accident investigations. Keep workplace clean and free of debris at all times
- Understand and work with established standards to deliver the highest and most consistent levels of excellent customer service.
- The Utility Operator is responsible for operating equipment used in the production, bottling and shipping of spirits at GSD. Responsible for ensuring products are produced according to specifications and crossed trained in all aspects of bottling and warehousing. Continually seek to improve day to day operations by being consistent, thorough and following SOPs.
- Improve at least one skill each year as agreed with supervisor. Deliver on performance against outcomes.
- Develop the skills needed to attain the desired career path within the organization. Utility Operators are responsible for identifying their own career goals and communicating same to their supervisor.
- Continually improve performance of bottling lines as measured by departmental KPI's. Recommend ideas to reduce costs.
- Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations including environmental compliance.
- Develop and maintain solid professional working relationships. Set a positive example and act in a manner consistent with company values. Actively participate in making the company a great place to work. Strive to be an ideal Sazerac Team Member and serve as a role model for the Sazerac culture. Take an active role in communicating and living by the values that define the Sazerac culture.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to operate Industrial equipment as required.
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Good vision and manual dexterity.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience (minimum)
- 6 months continuous experience in every previous job, at least
- Requires Previous experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment