Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
As the Trade Marketing Manager
you'll lead and manage all marketing initiatives, and partner with sales with brand initiatives to ensure more impactful planning, communication, execution and measurement of brand big bets and ensure new business development initiatives are set up for success. You'll develop compelling selling stories and weave them into plans with the intent to get teams excited and authorize new items and approve program support that drives feature, display activity and menus across all focus control markets and/or chains. Why should you be excited about this role?
You'll grow revenue, increase profit and gain market share by leading customer planning, development of compelling selling stories, brand building execution, and measurement of priority brands and Big Bet initiatives. This includes best in class process & planning, fresh & creative ideation, internal & external partnerships, flawless execution, and consistent measurement.
On a high level, you'll:
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Showcase your shopper marketing , trade marketing, and/or customer makerting experience with national accounts (off premise) Grocery Chain sales and Marketing Experience.
- Owner of and subject matter expert in evolving Channel Strategy for assigned channel segments. Strategic expert in national key customer business drivers and inhibitors. Develop customized shopper-based activation plans for strategic customers in line with customer business drivers, national programs and BCSP brands that are aimed at driving consumer pull and overall sales revenue growth. Develop / ensure utilization of fact-based selling materials that result in successful sales results for key brands/customers. Develop KPIs, implement plans and execute KPI's to reach objectives.
- Ensure alignment of priorities by customer and brand. Ensure that time and resource allocation and execution are aligned in total and by individual, and that measurements are in place to monitor. Lead, develop and manage fiscal year plans across NA Off Premise Grocery Chains + Key Regional accounts to drive brand awareness and overall sales revenue growth on focus brands/customers by division.
- Ensure alignment of priorities, by customer and brand. Provide guidance and direction on New Business Development priorities for key customers/markets as it relates to strategic Ensure resource allocation and execution are aligned by individual, measurements are in place. Lead, develop and manage fiscal year plans across NA Off Premise key customers and focus chain markets. Communicate updates to all stakeholders, assist with prioritization and ensure that sales materials meet quality standards, are professional and compelling for trade.
- Develop, lead and implement Program Planning process to ensure strategic brand plans have short and long term application for key channel segments and key customers. Ensure that all plans and tactics are aligned with BCSP's and their respective brand strategies. Reconcile brand/ portfolio issues with sales and marketing teams. Also, lead cross functional development and direction of national or customer-specific brand promotions/programs.
- Develop and follow action plan to gain learning experiences needed to advance career.
- Be the subject matter expert for assigned accounts, understanding short and long term priorities, opportunities and goals. Develop plans in-line with Channel Segment strategies and evolving dynamics. Stay abreast of capabilities and shopper levers to ensure recommended programming is timely & relevant. Ensure that recommendations are connected to and framed in a manner that drives account success as well as Sazerac success.
- Manage agency work on brand & New Business Development projects and programs, ensuring execution against activity calendar. Act as liaison between agency and National Accounts team where needed. Continuously seek out new capabilities through existing and new vendors & agencies to keep up with evolving shopper and consumer trends.
- Establish & maintain position as a trusted team-member, partner & resource for internal Sazerac stakeholders (Sales, BI, etc.) as well as customer stakeholders (buyers, vendors, category planners) as it pertains to channel strategy, shopper insights & dynamics and programming levers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 3+ years of relevant Off Premise Grocery Chain Sales and/or marketing experience. Shopper Marketing/Customer Marketing/Trade Marketing experience
- 5+ years of trade marketing experience
- Strong priority setting, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Willingness to Travel
- Ability to work effectively across business units and through supplier partners
- Must reside in specfic states in remote work scenarios (Cannot reside in AZ, CO, KS, MA, MN, NJ, NY, or WI)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing. MBA is preferred
- 1+ years of experience wine & spirits industry
- 1+ years of experience with new business development
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)