Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Are you ready to be the in-market trade marketing
expert? Do you enjoy developing and selling stories & solution-based selling tools for national and local use?
You'll execute annual marketing plans and customize national programs to drive feature/display and build brand awareness across Regional Chains/General Market Off, On and Non Premise Channels.
Be the in-marketing expert on shopper trends/programs during relevant buyer & chain specific distributor meetings Better develop selling stories & solution-based selling tools for national and local use.
In this role, you'll be:
- Identify and update the distributor and retailer key contacts information in the Key Contacts Access System and develop and build relationships with these contacts.
- Be the expert on consumer and shopper trends to build retail chain specific and general market programs in the on/off premise and localizing national programs to drive brand growth and increase revenue.
- Plan out the necessary solution selling tools needed to execute at the distributor and customer level by channel.
- Build out complimentary community/media support that will drive chain specific consumer awareness.
- Partner with State Managers to lead Market Development Management teams and distributors to successfully exceed goals against priority brands and new business development launches.
- Development and follow action plan to gain learning experiences needed to advance my career.
- Gather qualitative feedback on all programming, measure for effectiveness and share best practices with peer group and brand teams. Lead in attending national planning HQ based distributor planning meetings as the national marketing expert. Responsible for delivering the national roadshow playbook to the distributors during key national planning meetings.
- Work across divisions with various State Managers and Division Managers. Lead development of annual marketing plans and customize national programs to drive Features & Displays across top core brands, while driving increased revenue growth in key designated divisions. Develop programming against key GM on/off premise Big Bets and manage execution timelines ensuring to stay within assigned budgets. Act as an expert on shopper trends/programs during relevant buyer & chain specific distributor meetings. Develop customer specific merchandising tools to drive display and small format merchandising.
- Consolidate and communicate all new business development (NBD) initiatives to local DM/Sales Team. Work with national sales commercial lead/local sales/wholesaler on launch planning execution of new A+ NBD initiatives.
- Utilize shopper trends, develop annual marketing plans as well as customize national programs to drive Feature & Display for Regional Chains and GM on/off-premise. Develop national solution selling tools (i.e. Sazerac University) for national and local use. Create new item sell-in proposals to fit chain dynamics. Develop customer specific merchandising tools to drive display and small format merchandising. Assist in development of multi-brand programs to support key calendar windows.
- Manage agency work on brand projects and programs, ensure execution against activity calendar and act as liaison between agency and sales team where needed. Also manage agency work on all assigned NBD projects
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years relevant trade marketing experience / field marketing experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Willingness to travel
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Must reside in specfic states in remote work scenarios (Cannot reside in AZ, CO, KS, MA, MN, NJ, NY, or WI)
- Requires Wine and spirits industry experience
- Requires Experience in New Business Development
- 5+ years of relevant experience