Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The State Manager - Massachusetts/Rhode Island
works as the primary contact for distributor partners to build brands, maximize distribution, and coordinate programs across on premise, off premise, chain, Regional and National accounts. Responsible for assigning and monitoring volume goals with distributor; develops and agrees to appropriate KPIs with distributors; monitors results; ensures retail pricing is consistent with brand strategies, develops and implements innovation programs, maximizes brand exposure through trade and promotional events .
Additional responsibilities for the State Manager
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Establish and maintain relationships with distributors.
- Develop, implement and manage agreed upon Key Performance Indicators with key distributors and retailers to ensure focus on priority brands for the market.
- Monitor and achieve volume objectives for the market priority brands and monitor Key Performance Indicator results through the use of KPI tracking and COGNOS.
- Identify, develop and propose strategic pricing opportunities throughout the year that are consistent with brand positioning strategies in the market.
- Build brands, develop relationships, sell distribution, and coordinate programs with multi-state customers on and off premise
- Call on key customers directly and be visible and active in the market
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in bev alc
- Budgeting, planning and/or financial analysis experience
- Distributor management experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Record of successful leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Ability and willingness to travel for work