Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Retail Services General Manager plans and directs the day-to-day operations of the Buffalo Trace Distillery Gift Shop. Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, increase profitability, create store policies and marketing programs that will increase sales and grow the existing customer base.
- Identify number one skill for development and with team members yearly. Encourage and monitor improvements in that skill. Use PDS as a tool to conduct optimal performance discussions, articulate consistent skill evaluations, coach performance and recommend actions and tactics. Measure progress and provide written and oral feedback to enable individual development.
- Create annual budgets, demonstrate in-depth product knowledge and maintain awareness of new products and services. Determine fiscal year requirements and prepare budget recommendations for merchandise, alcohol allocations and staffing with the goals of profitability and excellent visitor experience.
- Deliver excellent service to ensure customer satisfaction, investigate and effectively address customer complaints and concerns, develop and implement action plans to correct any deficiencies. Evaluate data from comment cards and online reviews to address concerns. Follow up on consumer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure follow through and completion of tasks; monitor and maintain inventory levels; ensure new merchandise gets to the sales floor in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain financial records and reports including sales reports, payroll reporting, expenditures; evaluate monthly Net Income and P&L statements; analyze and interpret reports to make sound business decisions and ensure sales and profit goals are achieved.
- Implement and monitor loss prevention procedures to minimize shrinkage; Demonstrate in-depth product knowledge and maintain awareness of new products and services.
- Oversee effective merchandise presentation; Determine advertising and sales promotions to market merchandise; Develop pricing policies in accordance with merchandising and trends; Ensure accurate and competitive pricing.
- Direct and oversee the recruitment, selection, training and development of staff to build and sustain a high performing team; performance manage staff including appraisals, disciplining, counseling, coaching, motivation and mentoring; Promote collaboration between staff members to develop a productive work environment.
- Ensure security of store and merchandise through the implementation of appropriate security systems and measures; Ensure compliance with company policies.
- Develop and implement business strategies to attract new customers, expand store traffic to increase sales and profitability; maximize CRM strategies to collect, organize and share customer information across multiple teams.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Undergraduate Degree
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- 5 years Supervisory experience
- 3 years Hospitality industry experience
- 5 years Sales experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed