Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
The Sazerac Company's vision is to become one of the industry's most desired places to be. The company attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com . Job Description/Responsibilities
The Quality Manager leads The Glenmore Distillery's effort to implement and continually improve the Plant Quality and Food Safety systems. This person will also create and promote a culture of Quality in the organization. The direct impact will be the improvement of quality, teamwork, measurement, increase in consumer satisfaction, compliance with our third party partners, and FDA regulations.
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Ensuring all Regulatory & Legal quality compliance documents are prepared, submitted, and maintained accurately. Ensure all Sazerac quality data is easily retrievable for auditing purposes, and working closely with TGD Managers on this data collection and analysis, to implement improvements and suggestions.
- Lead a culture of prevention, support established safety programs & training, and communicate/mentor safety
- Conducts professional development reviews with direct reports on identified competencies within the Quality Department. Ensure system correctly reflects performance & development needs. Implement PDS for myself that will move me towards improving at least one competency per year, and improve performance against position description outcomes.
- Develop and implement auditing to measure and track the Quality performance of The Glenmore Distillery. These measurements will then be used to improve operations and continually improve quality by working with the various departments. Monitor & improve Quality and Food Safety initiatives by completing audits of all areas of The Glenmore Distillery's operations for compliance. Serve as liaison for third party auditing & inspection teams, ensuring their needs are met, and facilitating requests for documentation, etc.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement effort at The Glenmore Distillery. Help develop, implement, and manage, with the appropriate management representative, all programs that will improve the overall Quality and performance of any procedure, process, or system by using Quality and Food Safety principles. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Establish and follow development plan to achieve career development and/or advancement. Responsible for developing department team, and works with all managers across the site to develop skills and results around continuous improvement.
- Help lead/mentor the quality organization and the broader operation in achieving operational excellence through leading problem solving, implementing sustainable processes, and supporting the development of strategic plans. Drive for 0 safety and 0 quality incidents.
- Lead the The Glenmore Distillery's quality organization in root cause analysis and sustainable prevention on all consumer complaints. Drive hold order reduction by partnering with the leaders in all operating departments to ensure that the appropriate quality ownership is in place and systems are working to maintain excellent quality performance. Accountable for ensuring that processes are in place for product traceability throughout the entire supply chain.
- Partner with R&D in bringing new products from design to production including guiding R&D on how to properly scale up the new products. Work with team to make sure that specifications on products are set and quality checks are in place and working to measure the specifications. Help lead the TGD team in the execution of early management processes to ensure that the systems and team members are capable of consistently producing on target product.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- ISO/HACCP implementation/management experience
- Solid computer skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- APICS Certification or Six Sigma Certification
- Experience designing and/or implementing OSHA, HACCP, USDA programs