Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Thank you for your interest in Sazerac of Indiana
, our first ever facility in the Hoosier state, and the newest facility in the Sazerac manufacturing network. Founded on the principles of servant leadership and continuous improvement our entire plant team works tirelessly to accomplish our vision:
Build the most efficient, flexible, and engaged plant and team in the Sazerac Manufacturing Network.
We are in search of talented individuals who have a strong desire to develop and hone technically sound manufacturing processes while seizing the opportunity to own their career and personal development. At Sazerac of Indiana we believe our people are our greatest asset. Your drive and determination combined with our passion for people will ensure we win as a team.
For more information, please visit: www.sazerac.com . Job Description/Responsibilities
The Quality Food Safety Supervisor will lead NOD's effort to continually improve our Quality and Food Safety system. Create and promote a culture of Quality in the organization. Provide leadership and development to the laboratory technician team. The direct impact will be the improvement of Quality, teamwork, measurement, increase in consumer satisfaction, compliance with our 3rd party partners and FDA regulations, supporting our global expansion, and reducing costs.
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications
- Will ensure NOD complies with all the current regulatory and legal requirements for Quality and Food Safety. This includes our 3rd party customers and any proposed changes in the rules and regulations.
- Lead your team in safe work practices, lead a culture of prevention, support established safety and quality programs & training, and communicate/mentor quality and safety standards.
- Utilize the PDS system to continually improve skills through feedback and self-reflection. This position will also lead in building a quality talent base to ensure the continual improvement of the organization's quality skills and quality culture development. Conduct PDS reviews with direct reports and drive skill development in the NOD quality team.
- Develop and implement auditing to measure and track the Quality and Food Safety performance of NOD. These measurements will then be used to improve operations and continually improve quality by working with the various departments. Monitor & improve HACCP initiatives by completing audits of all areas of operation for compliance. Act as liaison for third party auditing & inspection teams, ensuring their needs are met, and facilitating requests for documentation, etc.
- Continue to improve our Quality/Food Safety System. Lead NOD, along with the Quality Manager, in the continual improvement of our quality processes and systems throughout the manufacturing organization. Champion formalized problem solving methods. Participate in and lead problem solving activities to standardize and improve processes. Partner with the production areas to identify key quality and food safety improvement areas and help drive process improvements.
- Along with your manager, develop your career plan that will allow for progression toward your long term objective. Work with direct reports on establishing a career plan that will allow them to progress towards their career goals. Also, assist in mentoring other quality professionals within the organization to reach their goals.
- Lead the Lab Techs in standardizing test methods and reducing variability in results. Lead all levels of NOD in quality and food safety initiatives to ensure compliance with ISO standards. Lead food safety meetings to ensure HACCP and Food Safety Programs are effective and ensure validations are completed as needed. Work with operations to identify KPIs.
- Ensure NOD, through our Quality/Food Safety System, meets all the regulatory quality/food safety standards. Along with Quality Manager, lead in moving the ownership for Quality/Food Safety to the source. In the end, all employees understand their role and responsibility for Quality/Food Safety and are engaged in the quality and food safety processes ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills and high comfort using technology and systems
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- 5-10 years relevant experience
- Requires 3 years Supervisory experience
- Requires Change Management experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Food Safety Certification or proven experience working with Global Food Safety standards
- Requires ISO/HACCP implementation/management experience