Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Barton Brands of CA is located at 2202 E. Del Amo Blvd. in Carson, CA. This will be a plant based role. This location currently works a 4-10 schedule, Monday through Thursday from 6am to 4pm. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Production Planner/Scheduler coordinates supply with production needs to meet customer demand. This person also e nsures appropriate amounts of inventory is held to meet customer service goals while minimizing carrying costs, improving production efficiencies , and meeting company goals, safety, and government compliance.
- Plan production for the bottling operations at Barton Brands of California using the Master Production Scheduling module (MPS).
- Lead Carson planning of intercompany transfer processes. Support continuous improvement in these areas, including implementation and development of a DRP system. Assist import purchasing in implementation, use of processes, procedures, systems, and accountability for purchased and intercompany inventory transfers of import finished goods for the Carson west coast supply chain.
- Participate in and lead process improvements that deliver cost savings in the imported goods, production planning, and materials planning areas. Lead the Barton Brands of California production planning functions to ensure that the appropriate amount of inventory is held to meet customer service goals while minimizing carrying costs and improving production efficiencies.
- Work with Brand Managers, Sales and Marketing on production plans or planned FG purchases for new products and brands.
- Provide world class customer service by ensuring that all Barton Brands of California customer orders are accurate and that all BBoC finished goods items are available for customer requested ship dates.
- Help the bottling operations achieve desired efficiencies by providing a stable production schedule that optimizes line efficiency with inventory carrying costs. Ensure materials are released to meet this production schedule. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Develop a career plan for myself and my direct reports that will allow us to achieve our overall career objectives.
- Identify, streamline, and document a production planning process with focus on reducing frustration and improving the quality of our work life.
- Use the priority system to focus on my most critical tasks for the success of the company.
- HS Diploma
- Minimum 5 years relevant planning or scheduling experience
- Minimum 2 years Supervisory experience
- Minimum 2 years Supply Chain Experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Requires Experience managing a creative product process
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Successful implementation of an integrated planning/forecasting system
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in the food & beverage industry
- Experience with manufacturing software (ERP, MRP, MPS, WMS)
- Knowledge of import/export processes/regulations (FDA, US Customs)
- Demonstrated production knowledge