Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview The Glenmore Distillery
has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery
was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
The Sazerac Company's vision is to become one of the industry's most desired places to be . The company attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, Innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com Job Description/Responsibilities
The Processing Supervisor
is r esponsible include safety, food safety, environmental, and regulatory guidelines, formula and product spec adherence, alcohol and flavor inventories, equipment reliability, and the coordination of all resources needed to meet the Bottling schedule.
Qualifications/Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for overseeing bulk alcohol and sweetener procurement and receiving, including adherence to DOT, USCG, DHS TWIC and Hazmat regulations for unloading tankers, railcars, and barges, as well as the supervision of all activities related to manual product batching, automated and semi-automated batching cell operations, continuous inline blending skid operations, RO water system operation, and all product and ingredient filtration systems. The Processing Supervisor determines usage of these systems, as well as staffing and tankage to meet the Bottling schedule. Primary metrics include Juice Loss, WGs/Labor $, and Department OHV.
- Responsible for all aspects of plant and regulatory safety adherence on their designated shift. This includes adherence to DOT, USCG, DHS TWIC and Hazmat regulations, product spill management and reporting, confined space program adherence, ensuring Class I, Div I explosion proof policies are followed, and appropriate PPE are being used. The Processing Supervisor will be engaged in promoting a culture of safety, complete accident investigations and root cause analysis on time, remain active with Near Miss reporting, deliver thoughtful and relevant safety kickoff messages, and always drive to zero recordables and LTAs.
- The Processing Supervisor will actively engage with our PDS development system. Regular and insightful comments will be made at established company frequencies, at a minimum. Personal development competencies will target important areas of the Supervisor's growth based on individual needs and departmental goals. The Processing Supervisor will also be expected to engage and manage various projects and initiatives that support their growth and developmental needs.
- Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to product quality in a timely manner to avoid loss of product and incorrect product being bottled. Supervise the batching and filtering work of the Processing employees to ensure product accuracy and quality standards are met.
- Meets and strives to exceed internal customer service expectations related to OTIF product for Bottling, and compliance adherence for Gov't Compliance, as well as external expectations related to product food safety and quality specifications.
- .Actively own financial metrics and participate in activity related to meeting or beating departmental goals. It is expected that a Processing Supervisor will either lead or support cost savings projects focused on key departmental metrics, such as Juice Loss % and 9L/case, WGs/Labor $ and hour, OT % utilization, and Department OHV. Provide input on annual budget.
- Provides leadership to Processing employees in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Participates in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and achieve Vision of "Industry's 'most desired place to be".
- The Processing Supervisor will maintain and ensure team members adhere to strict guidelines provided by DOT, USCG, DHS TWIC, Hazmat, and TTB. Will conduct periodic internal audits to ensure compliance (reciepts, proofing, loss reporting, system transactions, calibrations of equipment, etc.), and will support external audits by any and all agencies when called upon. Ensure compliance reporting is correct and complete for inventories, calibration, 122 and 137 records, monitor day-to-day interaction, initialization of variances related to losses and other applicable records completed by Processing Clerks and Technicians.
- Understands career goals of employees and works with them to develop skills that will help them reach their career goals. Creates and executes a personal Career Develop Plan with Manager to identify career goals and skill development needed to achieve the goals.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Experience with process/receiving activities
- Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven strong analytical and technical skills
- Detail Oriented
- Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Experience managing in a union environment
- Familiar with beverage processing and its associated equipment
- Wine and spirits industry experience
- Experience with inventory control, perpetual inventory and budget process.