Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Nestled at the corner of Canal Street and Magazine Street, and less than 350 yards from the original Sazerac Coffee House, The Sazerac House will be New Orleans' most memorable destination offering an enriching sensory experience that embodies the city's spirited and historic character.
The Sazerac House will take its visitors through a journey of the history and culture of spirits in New Orleans showcasing the company's brands relevant to the city of yesterday and today. Job Description/Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Process Technician II
includes providing coverage of duties in all positions in the distillery. Job duties include (but are not limited to) cooking and fermentation process, running the distillation, using a computer for equipment control, completing lab tests, measuring additives, cleaning, physical labor, forklift driving, and completing mathematical calculations. The individual is also called upon to provide feedback on necessary equipment modifications and repairs.
- Ensure exceptional customer service is provided to all Sazerac House visitors. Create a welcoming atmosphere to all visitors. Be attentive and available to assist visitors. Understand and work with established standards to deliver the highest and most consistent levels of excellent customer service. Provide world class customer service by ensuring operations meet daily production with safety, quality, cleanliness of area, and resolving customer complaints in an effective and timely manner.
- Understand and comply with safety requirements of position; keep safety top of mind at all times and prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Report all safety concerns and all accidents and near misses immediately. Participate in safety inspections and accident investigations. Keep workplace clean and free of debris at all times.
- Improve at least one skill each year as agreed with supervisor. Deliver on performance against outcomes.
- Develop the skills needed to attain the desired career path within the organization. Individuals are responsible for identifying their own career goals and communicating same to their supervisor.
- Ensure that defect free products are scheduled, produced and shipped, in full and on time to meet customer demand. Recommend ideas to reduce cost.
- Actively engage in keeping work area and facility grounds up to the established Sazerac House standards. Own the standard operating procedures for the specific job. Continuously improve quality driven actions that lead to award winning results. Performance will be measured by KPIs.
- Continually seek ways to improve performance as measured by departmental Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations.
- Behave as described by our core values of Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values, Building Team Spirit, Fairness, Caring, Results, Managing and Measuring, Action Oriented, Priority Setting and Total Quality Management. Treat all employees with respect and dignity.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 6 months continuous experience in every previous job, at least
- Previous experience in manufacturing, landscaping or warehouse environment
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A valid driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to operate Industrial equipment as required.
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Good physical health. For example; capable of working on your feet, sitting, climbing stairs and ladders, bending, kneeling, and squatting
- Good vision and manual dexterity (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances)
- Verbally communicate with others to exchange information
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to work in high, precarious places
- Ability to work with vibration from a specific tool
- Noise level at work station is loud (metal can manufacturing, large earth moving equipment)
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- In-person job attendance
- Ability to work 8 hour shift
- Ability to work overtime if necessary
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy
- Forklift Certification
- Solid computer skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 12 months continuous experience in every previous job, at least