Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
The Sazerac Company's vision is to become one of the industry's most desired places to be . The company attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, Innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com Job Description/Responsibilities
The Plant Engineer responsibilities include technical support for the facility, capital project planning and implementation, technical training, and direction of the Engineering & Maintenance Teams. This position leads departments in the development and execution of a five year capital plan, manages associated projects and budgets, supports the efficient usage of facility M&R budgets, and organizes and directs the vision and development of the Engineering & Maintenance Team.
Priorities of the position include (but not limited to):
- Ensure operations achieve highest efficiency and quality possible through support of capital planning, systems controls, general engineering, project management and overall maintenance. Provide engineering expertise to introduce new equipment and systems to enhance operations. Plan and implement improvements working with department managers and employees on joint problem solving techniques.
- Reviews new product initiatives and determines best method for production and equipment needed with other Engineering Dept members; oversees purchases of equipment at best price; and oversees installation and startup; provides ongoing engineering expertise to maximize output and minimize downtime.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations through management of the Engineering and Maintenance department to achieve targeted operational uptime in support of delivering product to the customer that meets quality standards and is delivered on time and within budget.
- Leads the Engineering and Maintenance department in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment that supports productive employee relations and where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Supports the safety program through engineering safety into every project. Addresses safety issues through ongoing preventive maintenance, ensures maintenance and engineering employees and all contractors adhere to all safety rules; ensures all engineering and maintenance employees participate in required and recommended safety training programs.
- Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations.
- Consult with operations team on cost savings projects applying engineering expertise to recommend new methodologies and equipment to ensure production efficiency, maximize output and prevent downtime without sacrificing quality.
- Conduct performance discussions with all Engineering staff and Maintenance Supervisors to improve skills and performance of all employees in Engineering. Evaluates, trains and develops Engineering and Maintenance department employees. Creates and develops a personal development plan with the Plant Manager to improve a skill/competency leading to improved performance.
- Ensure adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Drive continuous improvement efforts within the Engineering and Maintenance department and throughout the operation. Provides engineering expertise to analyze and resolve problems relating to product quality and operational efficiency.
- Minimu of Bachelor's of Engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Requires Management experience
- Requires Experience in Alcohol Beverage Industry
- Requires Experience managing in a union environment