Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Payroll Manager
reports to the Director, Total Rewards and leads a team of four (4) Associates or Analysts for a global organization of 3,000+ team members. The Payroll Manager builds and develops a strong and integrated team that leverages technology and processes to ensure accurate, timely and efficient payroll processes and outcomes for the company. Best in class leadership provides visibility into real time cost structure for the company, informs business improvement initiatives and guarantees regulatory compliance. A continuous process improvement orientation reviews rework, errors and adjustments to identify opportunities for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for building and leading a team, processes and procedures for payroll, as well as execution of all payroll functions. Ensures accurate and timely payroll administration. Assists with the development and maintenance of the workforce management system, Dayforce. Leads continuous process improvement of payroll systems.
- Responsible for accurate payroll and HRIS data for the company, including reconciliation with User Management System (UMS).
- Responsible for all regulatory compliance related to payroll, including Federal, state and local tax and reporting. Responsible for compliance with pay equity and non discrimination. Ensures adherence with Fair Labor Standards and other exemption and overtime legislation.
- Employee pay is completed in an accurate and timely manager. Issues and concerns are dealt with proactively. Communication is high quality. Ensures inquiries are responded to quickly, completely and with empathy, whether directly or through other members of the HR and payroll team.
- Payroll must be completed in an accurate and timely manner. Need for rework, manual checks and backpay should be minimized or eliminated. All issues and concerns should be logged, analyzed for root cause and resolved systemically, not just addressed superficially as a one- off. Efficiency and effectiveness are as important as accuracy and timeliness. Payroll processes need to be sustainable without requiring heroic effort or unreasonable assignment of resources.
- Works with internal resources, functions and departments to ensure that we are proactively auditing payroll and adjacent information and databases. Takes lead on compliance with any external or third party audits and/ or data requests.
- Develop a prioritized Professional Development System (PDS) plan with clear and tangible signs and measurement tools in place to assess personal progress and that of direct reports. Coaches and develops direct reports to improve performance and ability to grow with the company.
- Develop team members to the fullest extent of their career potential. Identify successor for payroll, as well as potential successors for other human resources, finance or other areas in the company. Sponsor and develop HR Leadership Program participates in internships and regular full time hires.
- Develop and execute priorities, projects and tasks to ensure that focus on achievement of position outcomes, as well as overall company performance.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification
- Minimum five (5) years Multi-state payroll experience
- Minimum five (5) years Supervisory experience
- Minimum two (2) years global payroll experience
- Must be a team player
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes
- Ability to work effectively across business units and through supplier partners
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy
- Strong understanding of local, state and federal payroll tax laws
- Master's degree in related field
- Payroll/HRIS configuration experience
- Experience in Tax Accounting
- Experience in the development and implementation of business strategies.
- Experience in the wine and spirits industry
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment (minimum)
- Experience in the food & beverage industry