Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Supports packaging component and assembly processes through design, specification, controlling and testing in the manufacturing and conversion processes, ultimately resulting in packing fit for purpose. This position provides a skilled resource to plan, lead, attend and evaluate both producer and plant testing prior to product commissioning and is predominately focused on field-based materials development testing.
- Guided by Sr Packaging Engineer, identify and progress appropriate field testing to ensure successful projects. Maintain packaging testing records. Perform due diligence in new designs to evaluate and determine packaging fitness of purpose and prove resilience; this includes evaluation of graphics, color, color copy, legal, mechanical, performance specification and fitness for purpose approvals. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Under direction of the Sr Packaging Engineer, the PE completes assigned new and revised packaging structural assessments to meet project time lines; Working with local plant teams, identify and progress design revisions ensuring packaging performance is optimized; Participate in the design development of new/revised packaging; Develop and maintain packaging and materials standards, ensuring consistency. Ensures thorough, functional, and complete communication of packaging processes.
- Identify packaging improvements and technology which will lower our carbon footprint and our cost. Assist the Procurement team with qualification testing for such items. Coordinate tests with local plant teams.
- Develop and document assigned testing and data management procedures. Working in concert with internal quality departments, complete assessments and maintain records, including the approval register. Assist with control of the origination, approval, and maintenance of packaging component specifications, application data and finished goods specifications. Determine machine setup and tooling requirements for components.
- Assist with processes to ensure that packaging supplies are approved by FDA and other regulatory agencies as required by law. Maintain a digital file of components that touch the product, including caps and bottles. Identify current and future packaging trends and regulations.
- Work with manager to develop a prioritized PDS plan with clear tangible signs and measurement tools in place to assess personal progress.
- Communicate personal career goals to manager; develop and execute career development plan to achieve career goals.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Undergraduate Degree
- 2 years relevant experience (minimum)
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- APICS Certification or Six Sigma Certification
- Wine and spirits industry experience
- Experience in manufacturing software (ERP, MRP, MPS, WMS)