Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview Job Description/Responsibilities
The Bottling Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of bottling lines. Duties include supervision of hourly employees assigned to bottling lines, supporting personnel, preparation of production documentation required by government regulations, and monitoring all bottling lines for quality and production specifications
- Oversees operations of assigned bottling lines to effectively and efficiently ensure completion of production schedules within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines. Provides technical assistance to operators and line employees. Coordinates necessary maintenance actions to maintain production quality and efficiency. Works with Bottling Manager and bottling maintenance team to implements operational and mechanical improvements. Evaluates production efficiency and cost; plans, organizes, directs, monitors and evaluates production on assigned
- Monitors and enforces all OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies. Provides leadership to the safety program for the Bottling department through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents. Assists in the investigation of EH&S incidents to determine and address root cause. Understand and comply with safety requirements of position; keep safety top of mind at all times and prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Report all safety concerns and all accidents and near misses immediately. Participate in safety inspections
- Trains and supervises assigned bottling line employees to improve skills and performance of all employees in the Bottling Department. Motivates and manages employees to product quality products within quality and efficiency guidelines. Evaluates employee performance and skill level to determine skill improvement needs and develops improvement plans to address. Creates and develops a personal development plan with Bottling Manager to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance. Improve at least one skill each year as agreed with supervisor. Deliver on performance against outcomes.
- Continuously improve the quality of processes, products, services and the culture in which we work. Ensure adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to product quality in a timely manner to avoid need for rework.
- Provide support to the New Product Development Team in developing new products within timelines and budgets. Provides input to evaluate equipment capabilities and capital expenditure requirements. Works with the management team to implement new initiatives including new products and packages. Coordinate work with other departments to maintain product quality and production efficiency. Ensure that defect free products are scheduled, produced and shipped, in full and on time to meet customer demand.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations through supervision of assigned bottling lines to deliver product on time within budget and to meet quality specifications. Resolves production related problems.
- Recommend ideas to reduce costs. Ensure production efficiency within cost standards. Tracks efficiencies, quality and production data to improve yields and throughput without sacrificing quality. Analyzes and resolves problems related to efficiency, processes, material, scrap and waste
- Provides leadership to assigned bottling line teams in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Participates in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and make the Company a Best Place to Work.Behave as described by our core values of Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values, Building Team Spirit, Fairness, Caring, Results, Managing and Measuring, Action Oriented, Priority Setting and Total Quality Management.
- Ensures all Bottling operations meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA and TTB regulations. Takes immediate corrective action when needed to stay in compliance. Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations.
- Monitors and supervises housekeeping within the Bottling department.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and PC skills
- At least 21 years of age
- Demonstrate the ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy
- Must be a self-starter and able to work alone
- Experience leading self-directed work teams