Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Operations Cost Accountant is a key member of the production accounting team, providing regular and ad hoc support to the Operations Controller and Operations Accountants. Duties includes managing and monitoring costing integrity reports, investigating unexpected SKU costing, producing and monitoring inventory reports (volume and cost) and tracking costs associated with 3rd party production to support invoicing.
- Completes PDS plan to improve skills and performance utilizing PDS as tool to drive optimal performance and measure progress. Promote and support Company culture within the finance organization.
- Become an expert on Company inventory costing system and processes. Support leadership in investigating unusual or unexpected results caused by SKU costing.
- Ensure costing analysis and costing integrity reports are generated timely and accurately. Work with Operations Accountants to ensure report exceptions are followed up on and resolved as needed. Complete assigned month end reporting schedules for management.
- Maintain Costing KPI's to support the Operations Controller. This includes ensuring appropriate metrics are maintained and reported timely, and deviations are flagged and investigated. Work with Operations Controller to establish KPI targets and track performance against target.
- Prepare month end inventory reporting which provide insight into finished goods quantities, component inventory levels and raw materials. Support Operations Controller in identifying opportunities to optimize inventory levels.
- Work closely with Operations Controlling and Operations leaders to highlight opportunities, track progress and to flag performance challenges in order to deliver on the Company's annual cost plan.
- Drive continuous improvement of daily, weekly and month inventory costing integrity reports. Ensure reports are appropriately designed for their intended purpose, and ensure the Operations Accountants are completely improvements timely. Find trends and opportunities in performance that can be leveraged for material growth opportunities and/or cost reductions.
- Support the Operations Controlling group by researching Bill of Materials issues. Ensure BOM's are completely accurately
- Support the Operations Controlling group with analysis of inventory physical counts. Maintain process documentation for inventory counting procedures.
- Support the Operations Controlling group with analysis of inventory turnover and potential obsolete inventory. Help track inventory write-offs. Maintain quarterly inventory reserve analysis.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business
- Demonstrated active learner with the ability to make independent observations, and "connect the dots".
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, especially Excel
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- 2 years accounting experience
- Experience with System 21 ERP software
- Manufacturing systems experience
- 2 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment