Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Operations Accountant is responsible for supporting operations and finance with the primary goal being cost and asset control. Accountabilities include balance sheet reconciliation, month end accounting and closing process, variance reporting and analysis, forecasting, cost reduction support, developing and auditing inventory control procedures, physical inventory leadership, standard cost setting, data integrity (BOMs, Routes, Item Set Up), and financial reporting. Qualifications/Requirements
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business, Logistics or related
- Requires Experience with inventory control, perpetual inventory and budget process.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- 3 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment (minimum)
- 5 years accounting experience (minimum)
- Requires Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Requires Experience in development of query programs on AS400 or similar proficiency
- Requires Experience with B/S reconciliation and production metrics