Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The National Sales Business Leader will lead the team of Regional Sales Business Leaders to deliver consistent processes, systems, reporting and cross-functional support. This role is a key leader in sales to streamline support and execution in-market.
- Effectively manager skill development through PDS. Demonstrate self development and direct reports skill growth through highly effective development plans. Lead by example through skill development, providing effective feedback to team members and system reporting.
- Lead the development of brand priorities for the field execution team. Utilize business data and state priorities to maximize distribution. Set KPIs for the team and monitor closely to deliver against business goals. Demonstrate strong leadership and communication, and data analytical skills to ensure consistency in standards across the U.S.
- Identify contacts and key partners for field execution. Utilize CMS to capture contact information. Build relationships to delivery against KPIs.
- Accountable for setting the standard of business management across the retail execution team. Lead a team of regional business managers to deliver results against financials, safety and team member metrics. Lead core processes to drive efficiency and positively impact business results.
- Lead financial and reporting initiatives that provide clear direction on brand priorities, processes and KPIs. Build routes and market coverage analysis to maximize customer opportunities and resources.
- Set priorities and identify key account opportunities across regions that will build upon the in-market routes and customer base. Partner closely with Regional/National Accounts team to align on strategies and execution standards and processes.
- Demonstrate strong culture influence through actions and leadership. Drive engagement of national team through effective and clear communications, safety, skill and career development.
- Build a high performing team of Regional Sales Business Managers. Develop internal bench and critical experiences for the sales team. Partner with HR, Training and Sales Leadership to build an effective team in retail execution. Set best in class standards for hiring, onboarding and retaining sales talent. Closely partner with HR and training to successfully deliver HR metrics.
- Effectively manager career planning and growth through CDS. Engage your direct reports with highly effective CDS plans. Mentor sales team members. Utilize the system to produce career growth on the sales team.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and follow up skills
- Prior experience leading and motivating a team of people
- Skilled at managing financial results
- Charismatic leader with evidence of strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong understanding of field sales execution and route to market design
- 3 years work experience with consumer package goods
- 5 years Budgeting, planning and/or financial analysis experience
- 5 years Experience leading self-directed work teams
- 5 years Management Experience preferably managing a frontline workforce
- 5 years relevant experience in a fast paced and complex environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience using internal and external data sources
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)