Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Materials Manager is responsible for controlling the flow and managing inventories of materials for TGD production including labels, empty case goods, closures and all other incoming supplies. Works with Sazerac's Purchasing Dept. on expediting orders and resolving issues. Responsible for bulk glass/PET reboxing and VAPs; manages offline projects including VAPs. Responsible for internal invoicing. Leads the Inventory Control Team. Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate inventory control measures for all TGD bottling components, ingredients and bulk materials within System 21. Oversee purchases of items for bottling production and processing. Identifies and resolves discrepancies between System 21 invoices, purchase orders and receipts.
- Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Analyze and resolve component/materials quality problems. Supervise the receipt and unloading of various bottling materials including closures, labels, bottles, and caps. Supervise receipt of goods for other departments. Verify accuracy of shipment against shipping documents as freight is unloaded. Document and investigate discrepancies. Ensure information is recorded accurately in company systems to update inventory records.
- Effectively manage the scheduling/releasing and maintaining of inventory for both TGD and contract customers bottling components (if applicable), ingredients and bulk materials into System 21 accurately and on a timely basis. Ensure notification of the customer of the receipt and /or transfer of their goods occurs timely. Plan and organize the areas to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Meet and exceed internal and external customer requirements by ensuring that daily deliveries are verified, material inventory records are up to date and information is communicated in a timely manner to ensure no loss of production due to materials not received. Provide exceptional customer service by serving as a professional point of contact between vendors and customers and TGD.
- Directs TGD's releases in coordination with Sazerac's Purchasing Dept.; manages receipt of raw materials including bottles, caps, labels, and closures to meet production demands. Assist production scheduling and purchasing to release/schedule materials to meet customer demand. Maintain inventory of empty case goods/closures. Perform subcontractor processes in System 21 pertaining to and managing outside storage of dry goods. Active participant with NBD team regarding set up of new products, gathers information i.e. raw materials, vendors, shipments, inventory and informs scheduling/planning.
- Train and supervise direct reports to improve skills and performance. Evaluate team member performance and skill level to determine skill improvement needs and develop improvement plans to address needs. Create and develop a personal development plan with Production Control Manager to improve a skill/competency that will improve performance.
- Identify and recommend cost saving and process improvement opportunities as it relates to the Materials Department. Manage recyclables including cardboard and plastic and oversee the arrangement and removal.
- Responsible for Materials Department strategic plan; including the preparation of Capex requests to drive productivity improvements.
- Support the Materials Management Department at TGD in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensure team members are treated fairly and with respect. Create a team environment where team members are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Create an environment that supports productive employee relations.
- Understand career goals of team members and work with them to develop skills needed to succeed; create and execute a personal Career Development Plan with Production Control Manager with identified career goals and skill development needed to achieve the goals and achievement of overall career objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum five (5) years relevant materials, logistics, supply chain experience
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and effectively in demanding situations
- Demonstrated success in the design and implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Experience in manufacturing software (ERP, MRP, MPS, WMS)
- Requires Experience in monthly inventory and accounting closes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Preferred Experience in Alcohol Beverage Industry