Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Boston Brands of Maine, located in Lewiston, Maine, is part of the Sazerac family of companies. Boston Brands of Maine operates a state-of-the-art facility on ten acres, with the capacity of seven bottling lines. Sazerac's vision is to become one of the industry's most desired places to be. Sazerac attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com. Job Description/Responsibilities Bio
: Materials Assistant is responsible for monitoring component inventory levels (bottles, caps, labels) as directed by Materials Manager. Responsible for submitting releases to suppliers for component deliveries, entering production booking for finished goods, conducting and reconciling cycle counts and entering materials receipts; provide assistance with purchasing orders, supplier contacts and the continuous improvement of the processes used to develop a world-class component inventory system.
- Understand and comply with safety requirements of materials management department; keep safety top of mind at all times and prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Report safety concerns, accidents and near misses immediately. Participate in safety inspections and accident investigations. Keep workplace clean and free of debris at all times.
- Understand and work with established standards to deliver maximum and consistent levels of customer service. Provide world class customer service by monitoring component inventories, entering production booking and materials receipts at levels which support production demands within safety, quality and regulatory guidelines. Maintain the highest standards in regards to safety, quality, and customer service; and resolve customer complaints in an effective and timely manner.
- Actively engage in keeping work area up to the established standards including adhering to GMPs, HACCP, SOPs and company requirements. Ensure maximum customer service and satisfaction. Own the standard operating procedure for the Materials Assistant position. Continuously improve the processes used to develop a world-class component inventory system and quality driven actions that lead to award winning results.
- Create a personal development plan with assistance of Materials Manager to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance. Improve at least one skill each year as agreed with manager. Deliver on performance against outcomes.
- Develop the skills needed to attain the desired career path within the organization. Material Assistant is responsible for identifying own career goals and communicating same to Materials Manager.
- Continually seek ways to improve performance as measured by departmental KPI's. Understand and adhere to SOPs and best practices to ensure maximum quality standards for inventories of bottles, caps, labels; and customer service. Proactively generate ideas to improve day-to-day operation of the Materials Management Department by assuring timely releases to suppliers and entering production bookings. Optimize available resources to continuously improve work environment. Effectively communicate interdepartmentally to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Recommend ideas to reduce costs.
- Perform Materials Assistant position in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures, SOPs and applicable rules and regulations.
- Model behavior around the Sazerac Ideal Team Member Profile. Develop and maintain solid professional working relationships inside and outside the company. Set a positive example and act in a manner consistent with company values. Participate in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and make the Company "one of the industry's most desired places to be."
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- 2 years relevant experience (minimum)
- 2 years successful work experience, at a minimum
PREFERRED Physical Requirements
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting
- Verbally communicate with others to exchange information
- Noise level at work station is moderate (business office with computer printers)
- In-person job attendance
- Ability to work 8 hour shift
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to read and write