Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities Ignite your sales career with Fireball!
Kick off your career as a Market Development Representative - East, TX / Longview, TX / Tyler, TX . You'll
be responsible for achieving volume and distribution goals for Sazerac brands. You'll build brands, maximize distribution and be the main point of contact for off premise accounts in the assigned territory.
Sazerac is exponentially growing our U.S. salesforce with Market Development Representatives as part of a strategic company expansion. This opportunity is great for someone looking to begin and accelerate their sales career within a fast-paced, high-growth industry and will have a direct impact on the success of the company.
Additional responsibilities for the Market Development Representative
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Directly manage solutions to grow their assigned accounts business, while driving results that deliver market share growth for Sazerac brands.
- Build brands by utilizing consumer and category trends to educate customers, solve problems and maximize sales.
- Lead in-store selling, merchandising, marketing and execution for accounts.
- Achieve volume objectives for the brand state priorities.
- Plan and implement programs to deliver distribution, merchandising, display, and retail promotional objectives.
- Develop mutually valuable relationships with assigned customers, through understanding their key needs and requirements.
- Serve as the communication lead between key customers, wholesalers and internal teams.
- Monitor agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) with key customers.
- Support Market Development Manager with brand building, programming, and distribution activities with customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 1 year of relevant professional experience or combination of sales-specific education/curriculum, internship experience or professional sales certification
- A valid driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Willingness to Travel
- Must be able to obtain a relevant solicitor's permit in any state
- Sales experience
- Market development and sales analysis experience
- Strong ability to self-manage and manage schedule to achieve results
- Experience building customer relationship