Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
The Sazerac Company's vision is to become one of the industry's most desired places to be. The company attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com . Job Description/Responsibilities
A successful candidate will have the ability to competently inspect, troubleshoot, repair, adjust, clean and maintain machinery, equipment, fixtures, piping/plumbing systems, etc.
The position is responsible for:
- conducting Preventative Maintenance activities
- assembly and disassembly
- thoroughly completing documentation
- using and understanding blueprints, manuals, drawings, computer screens, sketches and/or oral instruction
Successful applicants will have minimum HS diploma or equivalent, a stable and safe work history utilizing their mechanical skills in a manufacturing, production, or comparative environment. Prefer candidates who have successfully completed an Industrial Maintenance/Machine Tool or related program. Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Previous experience in manufacturing, landscaping or warehouse environment
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to operate Industrial equipment as required
- Good vision and manual dexterity
- Must be at least 21 years old
- No less than 6 months continuous experience in every previous job
- Applicants are required to supply WorkKeys Assessment scores for Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents, applied Math and Workplace Observation. Scores of 4 or above are required. Scores must be obtained within the past 5 years to be considered.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to pick up and/or move objects up to 50 pounds without assistance
- No less than 12 months continuous experience in every previous job
- Strong interpersonal skills