Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Welcome to Barton 1792 Distillery, Barton Brands of Kentucky. Our proud heritage dates back to 1879 with the founding of the Tom Moore Distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky. Renamed Barton 1792 Distillery, we continue to produce the highest quality spirits for over 130 years.
In 2009, we became a part of Sazerac Company which was established in 1850 and is a leading U.S. spirits supplier, with the world's most decorated distillery, and a portfolio of award-winning brands. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Maintenance Supervisor supervises the skilled mechanics and electricians to efficiently repair and PM packaging, distillation, processing, shipping, barrel warehousing, and plant admin. equipment. Responsible for anticipating and communicating relevant issues and objectives to the Maintenance Manager(s) and techs.
- Supports production operations by accomplishing the production needs within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines by ensuring timely and efficient maintenance of all operations equipment and assets. Plans and implements operational and mechanical improvements. Assesses, analyzes, troubleshoots and determines solutions to mechanical problems, to support productivity of Maintenance Technicians. Contributes to the planning and evaluation of production changes. Provides direction to the installation and modification of equipment.
- Ensure adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Provides instruction and technical training to Maintenance Technicians, Machinists, mechanics and operators on equipment, procedures, and improving skill levels. Fosters teamwork, motivates, coaches, and develops subordinates. Creates and develops a personal development plan with the Maintenance manager(s) to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance
- Monitors and enforces all OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies. Provides leadership to the safety program for the Maintenance Departments through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents. Assists in the investigation of EH&S incidents.
- Understand and work with established standards to deliver the highest and most consistent levels of excellent customer service.
- Ensure production efficiency within cost standards. Tracks efficiencies and production data to improve yields and output. Helps prepare and manage annual and longer term operating plans to reduce costs without sacrificing quality or quantity. Assists in annual budget preparation for the Maintenance Departments.
- Behave as described by our core values of Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values, Building Team Spirit, Fairness, Caring, Results, Managing and Measuring, Action Oriented, Priority Setting and Total Quality Management. Treat all employees with respect and dignity.
- Provides instruction and technical training to Maintenance Technicians, Machinists, mechanics and operators on equipment, procedures, and improving skill levels. Fosters teamwork, motivates, coaches, and develops subordinates. Creates and develops a personal development plan with the Maintenance Manager(s) to improve performance.
- Works in an environment that incorporates all operations departments to share knowledge and objectives that have been set forth. Will work with techs and operators to develop skill sets that will benefit the company along with the person. Behave in a manner that encourages others to do better.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Requires Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook )
- Experience designing and/or implementing OSHA, HACCP, USDA programs
- Familiar with beverage processing and its associated equipment
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles