Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Ordinance Distilling, our first ever facility in the Hoosier state, and the newest facility in the Sazerac manufacturing network. Founded on the principles of servant leadership and continuous improvement our entire plant team works tirelessly to accomplish our vision:
Build the most efficient, flexible, and engaged plant and team in the Sazerac Manufacturing Network.
We are in search of talented individuals who have a strong desire to develop and hone technically sound manufacturing processes while seizing the opportunity to own their career and personal development. At Northwest Ordinance Distilling we believe our people are our greatest asset. Your drive and determination combined with our passion for people will ensure we win as a team. This facility will operate 24/7 and the work schedule for this position will consist of 12-hour shifts.
The Sazerac Company, established in 1850, is a leading North American spirits supplier, and owner of many of the industry's most venerable distilling companies - Buffalo Trace Distillery, Barton 1792 Distillery, The Glenmore Distillery, and A. Smith Bowman Distillery. In 2014, Sazerac was awarded one of the spirits industry's highest honors - Distiller of the Year by the International Wine & Spirits Competition. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Maintenance Supervisor supervises the skilled mechanics and electricians to efficiently repair and PM packaging, distillation, processing, shipping, barrel warehousing, and plant admin. equipment. Responsible for anticipating and communicating relevant issues and objectives to the Maintenance Manager(s) and techs.
Qualifications/Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Supports production operations by accomplishing the production needs within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines by ensuring timely and efficient maintenance of all operations equipment and assets. Plans and implements operational and mechanical improvements. Assesses, analyzes, troubleshoots and determines solutions to mechanical problems, to support productivity of Maintenance Technicians. Contributes to the planning and evaluation of production changes. Provides direction to the installation and modification of equipment.
- Ensure adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Provides instruction and technical training to Maintenance Technicians, Machinists, mechanics and operators on equipment, procedures, and improving skill levels. Fosters teamwork, motivates, coaches, and develops subordinates. Creates and develops a personal development plan with the Maintenance manager(s) to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance
- Monitors and enforces all OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies. Provides leadership to the safety program for the Maintenance Departments through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents. Assists in the investigation of EH&S incidents.
- Understand and work with established standards to deliver the highest and most consistent levels of excellent customer service.
- Ensure production efficiency within cost standards. Tracks efficiencies and production data to improve yields and output. Helps prepare and manage annual and longer term operating plans to reduce costs without sacrificing quality or quantity. Assists in annual budget preparation for the Maintenance Departments.
- Behave as described by our core values of Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values, Building Team Spirit, Fairness, Caring, Results, Managing and Measuring, Action Oriented, Priority Setting and Total Quality Management. Treat all employees with respect and dignity.
- Provides instruction and technical training to Maintenance Technicians, Machinists, mechanics and operators on equipment, procedures, and improving skill levels. Fosters teamwork, motivates, coaches, and develops subordinates. Creates and develops a personal development plan with the Maintenance Manager(s) to improve performance.
- Works in an environment that incorporates all operations departments to share knowledge and objectives that have been set forth. Will work with techs and operators to develop skill sets that will benefit the company along with the person. Behave in a manner that encourages others to do better.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in a technical field highly preferred
- Experience designing and/or implementing OSHA, HACCP, USDA programs
- Familiar with beverage processing and its associated equipment
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- 3 years hands on electrical experience, Allen Bradley PLC programming and hardware experience, equipment trouble shooting experience