Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview Boston Brands of Maine
, located in Lewiston, Maine, is part of the Sazerac family of companies. Boston Brands of Maine operates a state-of-the-art facility on ten acres, with the capacity of six bottling lines. Sazerac's vision is to become one of the industry's most desired places to be. Sazerac attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com . Job Description/Responsibilities
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for all maintenance of buildings and equipment including engineering of all types to ensure ongoing enhancement of daily operations and safety. Also responsible for major and minor maintenance projects and purchases; oversight of all line changes, plumbing, fabrication, electrical and machine shop. Oversee and manage contractors for HVAC, security, buildings and properties. Manage security systems, door systems, cameras and recordings systems.
Qualifications/Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Works with department managers and plant leadership to ensure equipment readiness to deliver product on time, within budget and to meet or exceed quality specifications. Meet all departmental goals and KPI's. Complete key assignments provided by the Plant Manager in functional area to improve efficiency. Provide leadership in identifying creative methods to resolve issues. Establishes work schedules, best methods, standard operating procedures and priorities to meet established efficiency and quality goals. Manages the equipment parts inventory.
- Drive continuous quality improvement efforts within maintenance and support similar efforts in other department. Be a leader in the department stressing the adherence to all policies with supervisors. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to equipment capabilities and maintenance. Develop TPM concepts with implementation timelines that are in line with the continuous improvement efforts of the department and facility. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations through management of the maintenance department. Successfully support internal customers with projects delivered on time and within budget. Manage the stock room to ensure all parts are available to maintain uptime. Review all downtime and develop collaborative solutions with other department managers and the Plant Manager to reduce downtime and improve quality.
- Leads the safety program for the Maintenance Department through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents. Ensures maintenance team participates in training and is aware of all safety rules of the department. Thoroughly investigates all EH&S incidents in the department, identifies root cause and takes corrective action. Maintains a safety-first mentality when carrying out daily job functions to ensure the well-being of all.
- Lead the maintenance department and support the plant operations at MBBM in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensure employees are treated fairly and with respect. Create a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Create an environment that supports productive employee relations.
- Supervise projects as assigned by the Plant Manager. Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime. Develop, negotiate and manage contractor agreements, coordinating and scheduling work. Write and review purchase orders. Write and cost justify CAR's as assigned. Always work toward improving line efficiencies and reduce changeover times. Select new equipment and packaging systems. Negotiate pricing and delivery. Plan and schedule installation. Evaluates equipment capabilities and capital expenditure requirements for existing and new products/packages.
- Consult with operations team on cost savings projects applying expertise to recommend new methodologies and equipment to ensure production efficiency, maximize output and prevent downtime. Manage departmental budget to ensure efficient and effective spend monthly and within budget. Assist with capital and strategic planning for the plant. Ensure production efficiency within cost standards. Tracks efficiencies and production data to improve equipment uptime, yields and output.
- Conduct performance discussions with Plant Maintenance Supervisors to improve skills and performance of all employees in the Plant Maintenance department. Evaluate, train and develop Plant Maintenance department employees. Create and develop a personal development plan with the Plant Manager to improve a skill/competency leading to improved performance. Remain knowledgeable with new technology by attending trade shows, visiting other plants and keeping up with technical journals.
- Maintain a solid working relationship between company and employees through personal example and direct management. Create an environment that supports self-directed work teams and productive employee relations
- Be a leader in keeping a safe environment. Maintain the maintenance team's accountability for organization, routine cleaning activities and 5S initiatives. Schedule and execute as required department audits in order to keep acceptable conditions of all areas.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, especially Excel
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven strong analytical and technical skills
- Engineering or related degree
- Experience in Alcohol Beverage Industry
- Experience driving change in an organization
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Requires Management experience