Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The licensing manager is focused on the revenue growth and brand awareness amplification via licensing programs across relevant categories in collaboration with Brand Management to achieve yearly goals. You will manage licensees in their performance, product development, relevance to brand strategy, and provide guidance in contract terms, extensions, renegotiations, amendments, and /or renewals. Manage all aspects of the licensee relationship including: brand inductions, financial analysis, sales updates, licensing submissions and approvals while providing feedback to the agency/licensee and internal teams to ensure fast turnarounds. This role will be responsible for identifying new opportunities across the entire brand portfolio, gain business case approvals for new licensees, monitor compliance and report on program success. The US licensing manager role is critical to the growth of Sazerac's strategic licensing plan. Responsibilities:
Drives profit growth and brand awareness amplification via licensing programs across relevant categories. Works in collaboration with licensing agency/ internal managed licensees to meet/exceed revenue target.
Develop with shopper, brand and customer teams marketing programs with key major CPG licensees and Sazerac customers. Drive increased awareness and sales for the brand through in-store cross promotions, and help licensees and Sazerac increase distribution in respective retail channels
Manage licensing agency and licensees, including relationship development, product development and revenue growth of licensed products; brief agency to align against brand strategies /changes to same. Work with licensing agency, brand teams and other internal teams (creative/media) to onboard licensees with brand immersions, brand tool kits, DAM access. Manage product approvals through external agency and internal systems.
Work collaboratively with brand teams, shopper/customer marketing, lab and finance teams.
Partner with the agency to identify and manage collaborations that reinforce the equity and consumer connection of our brands; manage the partnership and communication of associated programs across brand, sales, and shopper/consumer marketing teams.
Responsible for maintaining global license agreement repository, and finance license agreement reporting schedules. Develop all licensing sales updates monthly, update retail distribution charts as well as any other reporting documentation for leadership updates.
Works with outside counsels and gains brand team approval on budget to trademark register brands in proper classes, submit field reports in trademark system for counterattacking copyright and trademark infringements. Establish and maintain brand registries across core brands on Amazon and ensure compliance by all partners. Qualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 5-7 years Licensing Experience in New Business Development
- Adept at product development processes through to retail sell-in
- A collaborative and logical approach to work
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Ability to develop and manage positive and productive internal and external relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders /partners involved in all aspects of the licensing, design, and marketing processes
- Excellent critical thinking skills, initiative, attention to detail and creativity
- Adept interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively while maintaining a positive outlook
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Commercial acumen & financial awareness:
- Communicates a clear vision and priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Highly effective negotiation skills
- 4-6 years Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships with various client groups, including internal and external groups.
- 4-6 years Proven track record of formulating major strategic and operating sales and/or marketing decisions resulting in building, enriching, and managing fast moving consumer brands.
- Master the competitive landscape and provide feedback to help innovate new licensing initiatives
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- 4-6 years product licensing or consumer packaged goods experience
- Comfortable with change in a fast - paced environment,
- Master's degree
- 1-3 years Alcoholic Beverage Industry compliance experience
- 3-5 yrs. License compliance experience
- 3-5 years retail merchandising relevant sales/marketing experience