Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Licensing Manager will be responsible for the execution of Sazerac's US licensing business. The manager will be responsible for the overall revenue as well as brand exposure metrics. This role will be responsible for identifying new opportunities across the entire brand portfolio, gain business case approvals, PIF/PPT for new licensees, monitor compliance and report on program success.
Drives profit growth and brand awareness amplification via licensing programs across relevant categories. Works in collaboration with Brandgenuity to meet/exceed revenue target.
Develop with shopper, brand and customer teams marketing programs with key major CPG licensees and our customers. Drive increased awareness and sales for the brand through in-store cross promotions, and help licensees and Sazerac increase distribution in respective retail channels
Work with Brandgenuity, and Sazerac managed licensees, brand and other internal teams (creative/media) to onboard licensees with brand immersions, brand tool kits, DAM access. Manage product approvals through DRM and internal system.
Responsible for maintaining global license agreement repository, and finance license agreement reporting schedules. Develop all licensing SMU updates monthly, update retail distribution charts as well as any other reporting documentation for leadership updates.
Works with outside counsel and gains brand team approval on budget to trademark register brands in proper classes, submit field reports in TMS for counterattacking copyright and trademark infringements. Establish and maintain brand registries across core brands on Amazon and ensure compliance by all partners Qualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 5-7 years Licensing Experience in New Business Development
- A collaborative and logical approach to work
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Commercial acumen & financial awareness:
- Communicates a clear vision and priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Highly effective negotiation skills
- 5-7 years Experience with Marketing Budgeting
- 5-7 years Licensed Marketing Experience
- 5-7 years Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships with various client groups, including internal and external groups.
- 5-7 years Proven track record of formulating major strategic and operating sales and/or marketing decisions resulting in building, enriching, and managing fast moving consumer brands.
- 5-7 years contract negotiation relevant experience
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- Comfortable with change in a fast moving environment,
- Master's degree
- 1-3 years Alcoholic Beverage Industry compliance experience
- 5-7 yrs Analysis and reporting knowledge:
- 1-3 years licensing Audit and reporting
- 3-5 yrs License Global compliance experience
- 3-5 years retail merchandising relevant sales/marketing experience