Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. Originally called the Monarch Distillery, James Thompson re-named it The Glenmore Distillery after the Glenmore Castle near his birthplace in County Derry, Northern Ireland. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
Surviving tragedies such as flood and fire, the distillery went on to fill its two millionth barrel of whiskey in 1946. In 1973 it was producing 540 barrels a day. Although distilling operations ceased in 1973, bottling and warehousing continued at The Glenmore Distillery.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The Distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Laboratory Technician evaluates ingredients and finished products to ensure both meet specifications. Additionally, performs audits on the manufacturing floor and supplies feedback to frontline team members on quality results and performance. Participates in problem solving activities.
Qualifications/Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure activities, processes, and products are compliant with government agencies' regulatory requirements including OSHA, TTB, and EPA.
- Work with internal and external customers by ensuring all quality and food safety systems are followed and properly documented. Help to identify issues with internal or external customer service and work to put corrective actions in place. Serve as a professional and friendly point of contact between vendors and The Glenmore Distillery
- Participate in writing, organizing and updating lab procedures. Follow all work instructions and provide feedback on laboratory specifications. Assist with cleaning and organizing the lab. Provide input for lab design efficiency and ergonomics. Safety is to be emphasized throughout laboratory practices and procedures.
- Audit and provide feedback on quality checks and procedures being performed by front line members. Support process improvements at the departments level. Participate as a member of the internal quality/food safety audit team.
- Champion formalized problem solving methods. Participate in and lead problem solving activities to standardize and improve processes. Partner with the production areas to identify key quality and food safety improvement areas and help drive process improvements.
- Implement PDS for myself that will move me towards improving at least one competency per year, and improve performance against position description outcomes.
- Develop a Career Plan that will allow me to achieve career development and/or advancement.
- Support the quality organization and the broader operation in achieving operational excellence through championing problem solving, implementing sustainable processes, and identifying opportunities for operational improvements.
- Develop and maintain solid professional working relationships both inside and outside the company. Set a positive example and act in a manner consistent with company values.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of Lab/QC or related experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills